Hilton Garden Inn Frederick
$79
BestWestern.com
$127
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast and dinnerinternet accessbusiness tripnice hotelroom was cleanpool and hot tubbreakfast staffexcellent staybusiness centerstaff was friendlypleasant staygreat place to staywould definitely stay here againconvenient locationfitness centercomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great people make a hotel stay. Their staff is friendly, polite, attentive to needs--everything one expects from a solid brand like Hilton.

Only drawback--the HVAC system is a bit loud. When it kicks in, it KICKS IN. Sometimes made sleeping a bit difficult.

Outside of this, a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Request a high floor and away from the elevators. Ask for view of back parking lot near stairwell.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Modworldtraveler,

I could not agree with you more. The entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn works diligently to ensure that each and every one of our guests have a great experience while staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property and our team.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel and I was pleasantly suprised at the quick and courteous greeting by two smartly dressed men. Upon checking in I discovered that my reservation was incorrect and it was all my fault. The hotel had me coming in the week prior and had charged me as a no show. In seeing my distress at the situation the front desk manager quickly set my mind at easy and offered to not only fill my need for a room that day, but to waive the no show fee. I have rarely been treated with such courtesy and respect. My deepest thanks and gratitiude are extended to managment.

Having defused what could have been a terrible evening for me, I was free to enjoy the appointments and offerings of this fine hotel. The room was furnished with the best in furniture and my sore back (from the long trip) was welcomed to a very comfortable and ergonomicallycorrect desk chair. Access to the free high speed internet was quick and easy. The restroom was clean and sanitary with the nicest stone counter tops. I headed out for a dinner engagement, but upon returning was greeted with warm cookies and hot chocate.

Not having slept on this bedding system before I had no idea what to expect, but having a bad back usually wake to pain and stiffness. Neither of those symptomes visited me the following morning after having spent the night on the Garden sleep system. In researching the bed I found that the mattress has air chambers that can be set to accomodate your sleep preference. I believe the bed was set to a smaller lighter person the night before as I sank straight away into the middle of the bed, but I slept well.

There is a control knob located on the side of the mattress and under the fitted sheet. You must set this control to your desired comfort level and then wait for 15-20 minutes before getting into bed. It will not adjust the air chambers with your body weight on it. I only wish the front desk would have taken the time to expalin this small but significant detail prior to my retiring for the evening. You and I know better for our next visit, which I hope is sooner than later.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles S

Dear Charles S.,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your review of our Hilton Garden Inn. We strive everyday to ensure our guests feel welcome and at home. I am happy to hear that we were able to take care of the reservation error and eased your mind regarding the "no show fee". We understand that mistakes happen and the last thing you need when you are away is stress about billing.

Regarding the sleep system, we are so pleased to hear that you loved it! Thank you for bringing up the point about the air pockets not filling while you are on the bed. We will make sure that going forward, guests are made aware of that so they can maximize the features of the sleep system.

Thank you again for such a great review and we look forward to having you back the next time you are in Frederick.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel has everything you could want in a business trip or weekend getaway. It has great friendly staff, it is sparkling clean, it has on site restaurant and bar, and is close to everything in Frederick.

We loved it!

Room Tip: We had a King room which had a microwave and mini-fridge. It was great!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank haroldg48

Dear Haroldg48,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. Our team strives to ensure each guest experiences a pleasant and comfortable stay. I am pleased to hear that you experienced that during your time in Frederick. We look forward to the opportunity to take care of you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel was quiet, clean, a good value with great customer service. The only flaw for me personally was the poorly equiped fitness center. The hotel is centrally located near restaurants and shopping. Nighly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Beefboat,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in Frederick.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very convenient location, and very competitively priced for a quick trip to the Maryland western shore of the Chesapeake. Rooms were clean and quiet. We got an early start, and as such, didn't have the breakfast, but the cooked-to-order omelettes looked quite good. There's a nice mall across the street with a coffee and tea place, and an International House of Pancakes on the corner. Although we weren't traveling on business, there looked to be many offices nearby, making the location even more attractive, I'd expect. If I'm back in the area, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick F

Dear Rick F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of our hotel. You really gave readers a good description of the property and the surrounding area.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town and hopefully you will be able to enjoy not only the breakfast, but some of the other amenities we have to offer.