“Excellent everything.”

Hilton Garden Inn Frederick
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 6 days for work. Pleasant staff, very clean, great breakfast, across the street from a mall, safe neighborhood, walking/running path. Only problem was remote printing didn't work but desk staff cheerfully printed from a flash drive.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank jsray

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Don't expect the staff at this Hilton Garden Inn to know their knee from their elbow. When we checked in, we were told we could stay Saturday + Sunday, but that Monday was sold out. Reception then spent a day telling us we probably could be accommodated. Sunday evening, they told us to call first thing Monday morning to check on availability. We called at 8:00 am on Monday; they were sold out. As we walked out of the hotel at 11:15 am, Reception suddenly announced they had found us a room. Is this a JOKE?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AnaLuisa2
Reviewed August 1, 2012

While some staff were fantastic and helpful, others were nice but kept getting things wrong and a couple of my guests in my block thought the man who checked them in seemed very drunk..eek!

They didn't hand out at least half of my gift bags as promised, what a waste of time and money for me since I ended up picking up so many bags not handed out..guest were confused when they saw some get them and they didn't, including my parents.

I have a feeling staying at this hotel on your own isn't too bad but I would NEVER book a block of rooms here again, especially for a wedding. It was just too many headaches with them. I had to practically argue to get the comped room and discount they agreed to if enough people booked in my block. Not to mention I contracted to have the bar opened from 10p-12:30a and something went wrong and it didn't open and they didn't schedule a bartender. Luckily a front desk worker was able to step in and open the bar over an hour late...she was great, but I still had to make the angry call after my reception to make it happen..ugh.

Breakfast is not even close to worth the ridiculous price. Don't get breakfast included...there's an IHop and Cracker Barrel near by. And the beds were surprisingly uncomfortable, especially the pillows. Not to mention our smoke detector had an unusually bright and annoying strobe that went off every 30 seconds to show it was on and working I suppose...makes it hard to fall asleep.

Supposedly some of my issues are due to new ownership taking over on the weekend I was there...not sure why that effects me and don't think it should...I haven't tired the other hotels very close by but I recommend to try them.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank kasi16
Sydney L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

We hope that every bride has a wonderful wedding day and weekend. We understand that yours was not everything that it could have been due to some issues at the hotel. As we spoke about, your wedding took place before the new ownership and management company came into the hotel. We understand that does not make your stay better, but we have done all that we can to try to rectify previous concerns. As the new management of the hotel, we appreciate your feedback on what could have been done better, and we will make sure to look into and correct anything that we need to for any upcoming weddings.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The staff was very nice .. The hotel was very clean . And the food was to die for..

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have stayed here a few times. I will never pick another hotel. The hotel was super clean. The staff was friendly and the price was competitive. The bed was pretty dern comfy as well. Thank You Hilton Garden Inn for a great experience. We will be back again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great feedback on the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick MD. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

First, let me say, for the most part, the hotel and employees were okay. However, some policies were inconvenient. We were there for a wedding and our group spent a lot of money at this hotel. Yet when one of our people tried to check in early (with a reservation) and early was 1 PM, they refused to let them. So this couple had to shower and change in someone else's room in order to get to the wedding on time. I know there were rooms available, and in the end, later arrivals were checked in prior to this couple.

Second, you'd think they were giving away filet for breakfast. You had to have your breakfast voucher, even though entrances were key locked early in the morning, then after completing your buffet breakfast, you had to sign another voucher. Redundant. Guess they were trying for more tips or something.

Third, the pool had so much chemical, the kids in the wedding had to be told to stay out of it because family didn't want their red eyes looking bad at the wedding.

Fourth, the beds weren't so great, either. And the rooms weren't very well cleaned. Found dirty tissue on the floor by the night stand.

This place charges a LOT and for that kind of money you come to expect the best. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I would like to first say that the hotel and my room was clean and comfortable. Jesse, at the front desk was always very professional, and wore a tie each day. He was always friendly, respectful and upbeat each day. He consistently displayed excellent customer service! The manager, Donald Harvey, was none of that. I reserved a King Jr Suite approx. two weeks before my arrival. The check in process went smooth, Donald checked me in and gave me my breakfast coupon for 4. I was surprised when I entered my room to see it was a King room. I called down to the front desk to let him know that I had reserved a King Jr Suite. He then told me that the Jr Suites were overbooked and they were sold out. I explained that I had my confirmation showing that I booked the room almost two weeks prior. I asked him when was he going to tell me of the change. Why just check me in to a room I didn't reserve. I was told he didn't know because that information is on another screen and he couldn't see it. He immediately became argumentative with me and flat out just said, Well we are just sold out for those rooms and I wouldn't be able to get one my entire 3 days. I told him that my family was coming the next day and I needed at least two beds. He told me he "might" be able to get me in a two queen the next day, but he would have to leave a message for the next shift and they would try to get me one. It was clear that he could care less and to speak further would mean to argue with him. He was not nice and he was not apologetic. The next morning I went to the front desk and asked Chenee if Donald had relayed the message reference me switching rooms. Of course you know, he never mentioned it. Chenee was nice and immediately told me she had a vacant 2 queen room and she would get it ready for me to move in by lunch. I had to tell my family to come a day later because I wasn't sure I could get a room with two beds. I complained to Hilton Honors and was never contacted by anyone from the hotel. Actually, when I saw Donald again at the front desk he didn't even speak or acknowledge me. I was shocked that a manager displayed his attitude. So if you reserve a room, call ahead and get your room assigned because the manager isn't going to be sympathetic to you if you dont get your room, even though Hilton has 100% guarantee. I was never offered anything, not even a reduced rate. I almost didn't get 2 beds. I had a nice and comfortable stay with the exception of the wrong room and the lack of customer service from the manager.

Room Tip: Room 205 is right above the laundry room, so you constantly smell the dryer smell in that room.