WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Flower Mound, Texas
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

I am originally from the Frederick area and there are not a lot of nice hotels in the area. The Hilton Garden Inn is the exception. The rooms are always extremely clean and quiet and the staff is truly great. I have stayed at this location several times and have never had a bad stay. It's very conveniently located and priced exceptionally well. I will continue to stay at this hotel when I am in Frederick in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay. I am glad that your enjoyed every aspect of your stay. We certainly do our best at making sure that every guest has a great experience.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

Great hotel because of the people working there. I've been staying at this hotel for over 3 years, sometimes for 2-3 weeks at a time. There are many that are closer and more convenient to my work but I won't go anywhere else. Everyone from the GM, Pat, the sales people, Ashley and Christine, that negotiated my corp rate, to Kevin and the front desk staff, Jesse, Donald and Chenee, to the kitchen staff, Wanda, John, Ann and Kelly, and the maintenance guys, Ken, Tony and Miquel, are all friendly and willing to help. They make being away from home almost enjoyable.

As for the hotel, it's right next to a lot of good restaurants, movies and shopping. I never need to go far.

It's a great hotel.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ducks9
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. It has been a pleasure being your "home away from home" and I am happy that you have chosen us to be part of your family. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

The General Manager Patrick Michael and Front Desk associate Jesse Parke went way way over and above what would be considered good service on my last 3 visits! This most recent I had my spouse and children with me and they can't wait to go back. I am very brand loyal to Hilton and have been staying at this hotel since it opened and it is by far the best Hilton product that I use. Thank You Scott A Fulton

Room Tip: I normally try to avoid rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. The staff takes great pride in providing the best service in Frederick and to make sure that every guest has a similar experience to the one you recieved.

We look forward to your next visit to Frederick.
Warminster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

I am a Hilton Diamond Member. That should tell you that I've stayed in way too many HGIs and Hamptons. HGIs tend to be consistent but not always perfect. Right off the bat I was happy to find convenient parking near the entrance. Many HGIs tend to have side and back parking only. The front desk employee accommodated my request for an upgrade without any issue. I wanted to get a quick and healthy dinner so I could run later in the evening. Normally I avoid the hotel restaurant. After glancing at the menu I was sold. I ordered my meal then went to my room to drop my bags. My upgraded room had a separate living room and bedroom. Upon my return to the bar area my salad was served. Shortly thereafter my Tuna was delivered. It was perfectly served medium rare. I've been to zagat restaurants that can't get tuna right. The meal was terrific.

In the evening I used the gym to lift weights. It was smaller than many HGIs but not bad. I then went for a run outside. There is a corp park and strip mall just across the street. I ran that night and again in the morning. Safe area but not well lit at night.

The bed was very, very comfy. The have pull down blinds and a pull down screen. Both really do well to block out the lights. I didn't have any issues with the heater...it was dead silent.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank kmq102
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

I do stay frequently in Frederick Area. one of my choice is Hilton garden Inn. And every time i get disappointed due to the fact i can not switch off the thermosat in the night. before going to bed I generally switch off the thrmostat .. in any hotel switch off means stop. Not in Hilton garden inn's Amana thermostat. it kicks its own for 20 seconds makes a loud noise and stops. i am out of wits hw to stop this. I stayed in room 126, 112 etc. Only room i saw it worked properly 315.

Moreover wireless/wired internet is not good for business standard. Lot of times I have to work from Hotel. i find it difficult. once i spend more than 30 minutes with the help desk.. they asked me to test the speed with mytest.net... response came very bad. Finally left it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

Had a good stay at the hotel. Crib was in room as requested (though had to ask for linens for it). Breakfast bar had good selection and quality of food, though things were sparse usually when we showed up an hour before the scheduled close though chef's preparations made up for it. Agree that room thermometer control is not responsive and inaccurate, but didn't cause too much discomfort.

Staff quite conscientious though didn't come to clean room one day until about 4. Staff then seemed unhappy that at that point I asked them to come back at 530.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay as well as the breakfast that we provide daily. My apologies for the sparse cold items at breakfast. While our breakfast is set up buffet style, please know that our breakfast servers as well as our chefs are there to answer any questions and provide you with what you ask for.

I have looked through your folio and have had my Maintenance Department check on the thermostat in your room. Please know that you can call the front desk at anytime and we will do everything to make your stay the most enjoyable as well as solve any issues or complaints that you may experience.

Once again I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you and your family visiting again soon.
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

Stayed overnight for a wedding in late Dec 2010. Room upgrade was nice. Suite large, sectional similar to Embassy Suites, lounge, bedroom etc. Very comfortable mattress (Sleep Number or such). Oddly, we found our walls were paper thin. Fortunately we weren't located near our co-wedding-party guests (lol).
Front desk staff helpful. Breakfast staff very nice. Breakfast food was fine.
Very handy to have parking option at the back access door. Short-cut from room.
Where only open-air car-parking available, we like to park my car viewable from Hotel Room. Was easy to do here.
Huge strip mall opposite Hotel. Lots of dining options if starvin.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Our central location allows guests to experience a multitude of dining, shopping and entertainment options. Please remember that we also provide evening room service and pay-per-view movies so that you can enjoy yourself without leaving the comforts of your room.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. All of our King Jr.suites include a separate living room area with pull-out couch, T.V., and work station. All King beds in the hotel are our "Garden Sleep System" beds that include air baffles in the mattress that allow you to adjust each side to your personal comfort level.

I am glad that your were able to enjoy our breakfast that our chefs prepare "your way". The staff prides itself on being helpful and courteous so I will pass on your positive review.

Thank you again for taking the timeto comment on your experience with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.