“Hats off to the staff!!!”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #43 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was recently in Maryland to attend the funeral of a close friend with 5 other friends. We were staying in Frederick as it was the most convenient location for all of us. I had lived in the area several years ago, and ate at Bonefish frequently; it was always good and very consistent. I do feel that the Bonefish restaurants vary quite a bit, but this one was always good. I called Bonefish when we were leaving the funeral home ( which was 9:10pm), to see if they could accommodate our group; telling them that we would be there in 30 minutes. They said it was no problem. We got lost, and did not arrive until 10:10pm (20 minutes before closing). They could not have been nicer! The server and bartender were so nice even though they were going to be there way past closing. They did not try to rush us; brought out very fresh, warm bread several times, and took very good care of us! We all enjoyed our dinner very much; and very much appreciated the kindness of the staff!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Don't let the location in a small mall beside the highway fool you into thinking you won't enjoy a good meal with excellent service here.

It took us a while to choose what to order as there were a number of tempting choices. Our waiter explained the way items of interest were prepared without any sense that we were taking too much time even though the place was packed full with several large parties.

Our food was well prepared and presented and tasted great. We will be sure to look for more Bonefish Grills even though we most often prefer places that are not part of a chain.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We made reservations at 6 pm for a party of 6 on a Saturday night. We still waited 45 minutes. This place is very popular. About every 15 minutes a hostess wondered around the bar area with a tray of appetizers to break up the wait. She even walked outside to serve a couple that was seated on a bench which I thought was a nice touch. Our server was bright and cheery but had the disappointing news that they just took Grouper off the menu. I had the sampler platter for 2 which should be advertised as the combined price but is listed as the price per person. It wasn't a good deal. The bang bang shrimp and coconut shrimp appetizers were good. The main courses were all good. A party of 6 ran a bill of $172 (not including tip) with only 1 beer ordered so you pay for your quality. Actually, the bill was inflated by about $9 due to the server charging us a mixed drink that we didn't order. I will go back again but would not order the sampler for 2 and double check the bill.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews, I wasn't expecting much, and boy was I wrong. The food here is quite good. The bang bang shrimp is delicious as is the crab sandwich. Also know that chips here are actually chips (not fries) but they are made in-house so I didn't mind. The only bad thing was my bottle of Stone was like 12 bucks. Kind of ridiculous. Other than that, we will return.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

This place has some good menu choices for a chain but the great service makes up for any shortfalls. A little pricey but the night out is worth it. Bang bang shrimp is pretty good, beer and cocktails not bad but overall a great date night of alerting a friends. I would leave the kids at home as room can be a tight fit. Maybe take the kids on a lunch date. Hope you enjoy the food and remember the mango salsa is great.