Hollerstown Hill Bed and Breakfast
$76
ExtendedStay
$159
TownePlace Suites
Comfort Inn Frederick(Frederick)(Great Value!)
$93
ComfortInn
All reviewspool tablecasserolecottage gardenbreakfast was deliciousqueen anne roomcharming b bdowntown frederickwithin walking distancewelcoming hostsclaw foot bathtubprivate porchlovely homecomplimentary beveragesslept like babiesil portoa lovely staydowntown area
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Reading such glowing reviews, we booked their most expensive room ($175 total) for our wedding anniversary. Sorry to say we spent a nearly sleepless night in the worst bed (a king size shallow board mattress with an undersized hard platform beneath it), in a hot room with an unbelievably loud, ugly "portable heat pump" putting out very little cool air. The small, older TV provided had a volume control that was no match for the heat pump noise. The bathroom was large, large enough for a very large display of dolls. In fact dolls had to be removed before you could set your things down on the vanity or on the chest at the bottom of the bed. The vanity had an old upholstered seat with very worn, dirty upholstery, ugh! We were so miserable we left without breakfast. No parking was provided leaving us to park on the street several blocks away. The most expensive hotel room in town we found online was $179. Even the cheapest hotel we have ever stayed in had a better mattress, climate control, TV and probably kleenex and a hair dryer too. Comfort essentials must come before decorations! Will attempt to post pictures of the real room, not the idealized web page.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank sardinesinacan
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hollerstown Hill is the first B&B at which I have ever had the pleasure of staying. I am hooked! The home is in a quiet neighborhood directly across from a school for the deaf. Betty and Phil were incredibly welcoming and their home is decorated beautifully. My room was spacious, adorned nicely with antiques, pillows, nic nacs and such. I walked a few minutes down to the Italian restaurant they recommended for a late supper which was scrumptious. My sleep was restful and I awoke refreshed. I went for a run around the area and ended up on a multipurpose path that was perfect. For breakfast, Betty made chocolate waffles, bacon and a fresh fruit smoothie made to order. It was all delicious! I enjoyed chatting with the other patrons and they shared some helpful travel tips. I will definitely return to this B& B the next time I am on my way to viist my daughter in N. C. and I highly recommend it!!!

Room Tip: I heard there is a room at the back with a balcony, but my room was also great!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mary G
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Charming b & b run by a delightful couple. The owners provide a most comfortable experience. The location is perfect for exploring downtown Frederick on foot. Breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. We spent four nights there and would love to make a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Brenda G
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this B&B located in downtown Frederick so we could go to Volt (which was excellent; see my review). The B&B has an excellent location (a 15 minute walk to Volt; 10 minute walk to the restaurants on the river walk). We had a very nice room with a private balcony/porch on the second floor. All of the rooms have a private bath and air conditioning. The bed was very comfortable. The B&B was very clean and is run by a lovely couple. My wife and I enjoyed our conversation with the owners over breakfast. Breakfast consisted of a delicious egg casserole, fruit smoothie and home made pastry. Our stay was very enjoyable and I would recommend this B&B if you plan to stay in downtown Frederick (which has become a very hip town).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Ravens32
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hospitality could not have been nicer. We stayed in the Cannon Room and found it to be a relaxing and comfortable room while giving one a taste of the past. The hosts are most helpful and did whatever necessary to make us feel welcome and at home. Short walk to the center of the town. Breakfasts were generous and tasty. Wine, snacks, water and coffee always at the ready. I plan to return often and highly recommend Hollerstown Hill.

Room Tip: I think next time I would pay the extra $10 for the Garden Room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple