“Nice hotel, great location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I picked this hotel because of the location to an appointment we had... clean, basic hotel, considering the breakfast was included, it was a good deal. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick

Reviewed August 12, 2010

This hotel is very clean, the staff is professional, decor is simple but pleasant. A pretty nice breakfast is included in your stay-waffles, eggs, etc. Rooms very neat as well; housekeeping is really on the ball. The upgraded bedding rooms, I think they call them "Cloud Nine" beds are great, best nights of sleep I've had in awhile. Another great thing- there were several events going on and tons of people staying at the hotel, but I never heard a peep once I was in my room.

Location is close to the downtown area, tons of restaurants and bars within 5 minutes.

I visited the hotel on business so I didn't foot the bill, however I saw what it was, and in my opinion it was SLIGHTLY on the high side for the area. I do think it was worth it though, and I would certainly return, even at that rate.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We stayed here for a few nights in order to attend an event nearby in Frederick. The location of this hotel was very near the event, and someone else recommended the hotel to us, so we selected it over other similarly priced hotels. It was OK but not as good as some of the other Hampton Inns at which I've stayed. The room was nice enough and had a large fridge. The location is also convenient to a grocery and some fast food places although you have to make some maneuvers across a busy road to get to them. Although it's not super close to downtown Frederick, a short drive will get you there.

The main issues we had with this hotel relate to the staff and the breakfast. At one point we were trying to get into the hotel with our key after hours, and when someone working there - I don't know if he was the janitor, night watchman or what - finally let us in, we got yelled at/ lectured by him for apparently not using the correct after-hours door to the hotel. It was our first time staying there so we didn't know there was only one door you could go in, and frankly, it seemed pretty inconvenient not to say rude. Also, the free breakfast was similar to that offered at other Hampton Inns in terms of types of food, but lacking in quality. The hot items were not as good as I've had them at other Inns and the staff seemed more interested in socializing with each other in the break room than in making sure the patrons got their breakfast. One of the mornings we were there, the staff started literally snatching the breakfast items off the counters under the noses of people who were trying to get food to eat, when there were still 5-10 minutes left in the breakfast period based on the lobby clock. I guess here you have to get down early for your food or you're not getting any. Because of these issues I'm not sure if I would want to stay at this place again should I come back to Frederick in the future.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bunnydots
Reviewed February 28, 2010

This Hampton Inn is great because of the staff.
They really care about their property and their guests.
The rooms are clean and fresh. No matter what time you may amble down to get a coffee or tea during the evening/overnight hours you will most likely run into a gentleman who serves as security and taking care of any set ups for morning meetings in the hotel.
Breakfast is better than many other Hamptons.
The hotel's location is not great when it comes to dining options. You must head out on Rte 15. There is a grocery store, as well as a pizza place and a Roy Rogers, across the street though.
Pool, hot tub and the small fitness room are clean and well maintained.
There are 2 computers for guests in the Lobby. When it is cold outside and the door opens it can be quite chilly. Wish there was a dedicated Business Center.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2010

The hotel must be very new as it is perfectly maintained and clean. The staff was great, although I did not have much interaction with them. Breakfast was good and what I expect at a Hampton Inn. The common area where they serve breakfast is nicely decorated, very clean and very comfortable. I'd put my mother at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2009

Great building, furnishings, cleanliness and staff. A drawback for those who may be visiting the Frederick area for leisure is its location. While it does have easy on-off access to Route 15, the choice of restaurants in the immediate area is disappointingly limited. We could find only one fast-food franchise and two pizzarias.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Our stay here was great. Our room was large and very clean and comfortable. The pool area was clean. The hotel is right off the highway and easy to find. Breakfast was good. I would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family