We stayed here for a few nights in order to attend an event nearby in Frederick. The location of this hotel was very near the event, and someone else recommended the hotel to us, so we selected it over other similarly priced hotels. It was OK but not as good as some of the other Hampton Inns at which I've stayed. The room was nice enough and had a large fridge. The location is also convenient to a grocery and some fast food places although you have to make some maneuvers across a busy road to get to them. Although it's not super close to downtown Frederick, a short drive will get you there.
The main issues we had with this hotel relate to the staff and the breakfast. At one point we were trying to get into the hotel with our key after hours, and when someone working there - I don't know if he was the janitor, night watchman or what - finally let us in, we got yelled at/ lectured by him for apparently not using the correct after-hours door to the hotel. It was our first time staying there so we didn't know there was only one door you could go in, and frankly, it seemed pretty inconvenient not to say rude. Also, the free breakfast was similar to that offered at other Hampton Inns in terms of types of food, but lacking in quality. The hot items were not as good as I've had them at other Inns and the staff seemed more interested in socializing with each other in the break room than in making sure the patrons got their breakfast. One of the mornings we were there, the staff started literally snatching the breakfast items off the counters under the noses of people who were trying to get food to eat, when there were still 5-10 minutes left in the breakfast period based on the lobby clock. I guess here you have to get down early for your food or you're not getting any. Because of these issues I'm not sure if I would want to stay at this place again should I come back to Frederick in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an ideal location in Maryland’s second largest city, the Frederick-Fort Detrick offers easy access to Fort Detrick along with all the other attractions of the city. Whether you prefer to take in the historical sites or stroll through the town, browsing antiques, this hotel is conveniently positioned for both business and leisure travel. And during your stay, enjoy a free, hot breakfast each morning, complimentary internet service, free parking, an indoor pool, fitness center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
- Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick Hotel Frederick
- Hampton Inn Frederick
- Frederick Hampton Inn