We just got back from a night at the newest Hampton Inn in Frederick. My husband and I are fans of Hampton Inns - we have two small kids and we always find them affordable yet much more upscale, clean and friendly than other hotels in this category.
This hotel just opened six months ago, and we were impressed. The lobby/front desk is beautiful, with lots of cherry wood and granite. They have a little snack area next to the front desk that is open 24 hours a day - the front desk just puts your purchases on your room bill. Kids loved it...and they even had beer and wine for the grown-ups! They also have a few computers set up in the lobby with internet access. Cool.
The room itself was typical of a Hampton Inn - clean, spacious. We really loved the practical changes made in this newer hotel - they must be listening to their customer feedback. The power outlets were very accessible and plentiful, there were even outlets on each side of the bathroom instead of just one with the built-in blow dryer hogging it up. For business travelers, the desk was large and well-shaped for spreading out and getting work done. There was a fridge and microwave in the room, with was a bonus for a Hampton Inn. King-sized bed was SO comfortable.
Kids liked the indoor pool - it's not large, but it's clean and they had fun. The hot breakfast was great (included in the rate), as usual - and there were a few employees on hand to constantly replenish the food and help the guests. One of them even offered to put a whole new table on the floor if we could not find seating.
My only complaint, and it's kind of a biggie if you have kids, is that there was no bathtub! The shower was the length of a bathtub, with glass doors...but that didn't really help us with a three-year-old who hates showers. Also (sorry if TMI), shaving my legs and trying to keep my balance was no fun! Really did NOT like this aspect of the hotel...but that's about the only thing I didn't like.
Highly recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an ideal location in Maryland’s second largest city, the Frederick-Fort Detrick offers easy access to Fort Detrick along with all the other attractions of the city. Whether you prefer to take in the historical sites or stroll through the town, browsing antiques, this hotel is conveniently positioned for both business and leisure travel. And during your stay, enjoy a free, hot breakfast each morning, complimentary internet service, free parking, an indoor pool, fitness center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
- Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick Hotel Frederick
- Hampton Inn Frederick
- Frederick Hampton Inn