Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
  • Pool
Econo Lodge(Frederick)
Sleep Inn(Frederick)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areagreat place to staywould highly recommend this hotelwafflesroom was cleannice breakfasteach morningexcellent staypool and hot tubstaff was friendlyfresh fruitcookiesbreakfast staffbusiness tripking bed
Reviewed January 30, 2009

My young daughter and I were traveling alone to attend a baby shower. Having not been to this particular part of Maryland before and with so many hotels to choose from, I relied on Trip Advisor to make my selection. The AAA room rate we received included free breakfast the next morning. My older son is a travel hockey player so we stay in alot of hotels. I have to say this may have been the best! From the minute I walked into the beautiful hotel lobby until the minute I checked out, our stay was exceptional. The room was big, clean, quiet and comfy. Everyone -- from the reservations clerk to the cleaning lady smiled! They have a small area where they sell snacks right next to the reservations desk so if you rent a movie to watch in your room, you can pickup some microwave popcorn and sodas to go with it. There is a small gym and indoor pool and we used both. I was highly impressed and am looking for reasons to go back to Fort Detrick again!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank NYMAVIS
Reviewed November 1, 2008

We picked the Hampton Inn Fort Detrick/Frederick based on the Trip advisor reviews for a three week stay in early October , 2008. Our total experience at this hotel completely endorsed the No 1 ranking that previous reviewers have given . Whilst most Hamptons give a good standard service , the people at this hotel just seemed that extra bit friendlier and helpful. The facilities are good and we made regular use of their pool, gym and laundry. The front desk staff were knowledgeable about the area and more than willing to give advice . The location is great at a local level with a supermarket as well as thai, italian and fast food restaurant within 5 mins walk .The Frederick town Mall is also less than 5 mins drive away by a quiet local road , if you want to avoid the nearby highway . An excellent central location for the civil war battlefields of Gettysburg, Antietam and the Upper Shenandoah as well as commuter train access to Washington DC ( MARC trains Mon Fri , three trains in the morning and three back late afternoon at $14 return) without the hassles of driving and parking.A good base for tourists visiting the Capital Region of the US.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank thommo51
Reviewed August 21, 2008

The staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. I was traveling by motorcycle, and they gladly accommodated my request to park near the front door, under the lighted canopy. Believe me, I sleep better when I know the bike is in a safe place.
The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, as is the case at all Hampton Inns in my experience. Breakfast was up to the usual high standards.
There is some construction going on next door to the hotel, but as I arrived in the evening and left in the morning, it didn't affect me.
There are a few restaurants and a grocery within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Pippi_two
Reviewed June 1, 2008

We were pleasantly surprised to find such a nice hotel located away from most of the regular tourist areas. It is pretty big, 5 stories and still looks "new" inside. The bedding is all new and the beds super comfortable. Our room itself was big for a 2 queen and there was plenty of room for the rollaway.

The front desk staff was terrific, friendly and helpful. They had maps and directed us to several areas with groups of restaurants since we did not find much closer to the hotel. The room and bathroom were very clean and had a microwave, fridge and the curved curtain rod for the shower. It all seemed very upscale.

Gettysburg was an easy 40 minute drive and this was a good home base for visiting Civil War Battlefields.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Renanzel
Reviewed May 7, 2008

I can't believe this hotel only gets two stars! This hotel has many features that I've found in much higher class hotels.

We booked this hotel after canceling our reservation with another in the area because of security issues. We only 15 minutes before we had to leave for the airport and we were able to make the reservation and get an email confirmation from the staff within minutes.

If you work for the government make sure you ask for the reduced rate and bring your government ID for verification.

There are so many good things to say about this hotel. I'll start with the staff--PROFESSIONAL and EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Everyone is A++++ going out of their way to make sure you feel comfortable.

The reception area employee assisted us when we needed to print a document off of our flash drive. The business center computers did not have the software program to open the file so she printed it from her computer.

The breakfast area staff kept everything refilled to the point where I felt like I was the first one to eat each morning. They come by and smile and ask how everything is. The German lady even knew some of the returning customers and would chit-chat with them. On Friday night I noticed a gentlemen removing some of the smaller tables and replacing them with larger ones. I asked him if it was more crowded on the week-ends and he said that a large group had checked in so they wanted to be sure there was available seating, and there was. This area flows out from the living room area.

The housekeeping staff did a fantastic job. Our room was spotless. This is my most important pet-peeve to have a clean bathroom and this one was imacculent. It had a rich dark wood open shelving in the bathroom and the towels were stacked there as well as the coffee pot. The counter top is granite, in fact there is a lot of granite through out the entire hotel. It didn't have a tub but it did have a very clean full sized shower.

The bed was fantastic----ours wasn't like the picture on the website, I think that is a default picture they use or they have since changed. We had a white fluffy down comforter that was used instead of a bedspread. Pillows are also fluffy. The bed was extraordinarily comfortable. There is a large desk/dresser/entertainment center all in dark rich woods. Since we only had one King size bed there was also a love seat with a fold out bed, that we did not use so I don't know about the comfort level.

Indoor heated pool and seperate hot tub adjacent to the small work out area. We didn't use the pool because it was a last minute booking and didn't have suit.

The reception area was sleek with granite and a small store to buy items quickly was open around the clock--they even had wine and beer!

The business center has two computers both have printers. You can access the internet through them or if you have your own computer they have free wi-fi. If you don't have a network card you can plug into their modem.

A plush living room area was next to the business center with a fireplace and extra large tv screen. Leather and material sofas/chairs/love seats were nicely appointed.

I loved this hotel. Everything was clean and neat and I really felt like a guest. The reception area also has free items if your forgot something like toothpaste/brush, etc.

There is nothing bad to say about this hotel but I do have one suggestion---put adobe reader on the business center computers because a lot of people use it.

Stayed: May 2008