We were pleasantly surprised to find such a nice hotel located away from most of the regular tourist areas. It is pretty big, 5 stories and still looks "new" inside. The bedding is all new and the beds super comfortable. Our room itself was big for a 2 queen and there was plenty of room for the rollaway.
The front desk staff was terrific, friendly and helpful. They had maps and directed us to several areas with groups of restaurants since we did not find much closer to the hotel. The room and bathroom were very clean and had a microwave, fridge and the curved curtain rod for the shower. It all seemed very upscale.
Gettysburg was an easy 40 minute drive and this was a good home base for visiting Civil War Battlefields.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an ideal location in Maryland’s second largest city, the Frederick-Fort Detrick offers easy access to Fort Detrick along with all the other attractions of the city. Whether you prefer to take in the historical sites or stroll through the town, browsing antiques, this hotel is conveniently positioned for both business and leisure travel. And during your stay, enjoy a free, hot breakfast each morning, complimentary internet service, free parking, an indoor pool, fitness center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
- Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick Hotel Frederick
- Hampton Inn Frederick
- Frederick Hampton Inn