“Terrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I needed help twice from the front desk and they wouldn't lift a finger. The first time the lady was couldn't put down her personal call to help me. The second time was a simple request for an area to take a conference call and no, I had to talk to a sales person for the 3 empty conference rooms on Friday afternoon.

I used to like Hampton Inn for their value and great customer service, but this has turned me away. I'll go to a Marriott property next time. They at least went out of their way to make sure my stay was great.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel. The terrible customer service isn't worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank John C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The staff at this Hampton Inn are the most helpful and solicitious of any hotel I have ever stayed. They always asked if there were anything that I needed. They are pet friendly! (Let's keep it this way by following the few rules -- clean up after your pet, contain your pet if left in the room alone, don't leave your pet alone for a long time period, and remove your pet for housekeeping service if you want service.) This location has a nice area for dog walking. The accomodations were clean upon arrival. The bed and room were comfortable. The free breakfast is very good quality, and the to-go feature is very convenient for grabbin' and goin'.

Syracuse, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed here for the second time in the past year and once again was impressed with the hotel. This property exceeds my expectations of a Hampton Inn. I was here for some on-site trainign and was very satisfied with the conference room. I also think the fitness center was well equipped with top of the line equipment and was very clean. I also liek the complimentary headphones in the fitness center. Very nice touch. The free breakfast is very good and has many options. The eating area and the lobby are very comfortable and much more plush than what I would expect. The next exit has a great Wegman's grocery store as well. Overall, a good experience.

The only negative I have to add is that I had reserved a suite which was not available upon check-in. They offerred me the standard King room at the King rate. It wasn't a big deal and I actually thing the suite doesn;t offer great value as it isn't much bigger of a room for an individual traveller.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Our group of 8 bicyclists in town for a special event arrived by bicycle and were warmly greeted. Rooms were ready to go, clean and the beds were comfortable. We were planning to leave early the following day to bicycle and were offered to-go breakfasts for our early departure. As it turned out we were able to use the buffet the next morning which included coffee (much better than we expected), fresh fruits, waffles cooked to order, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, ham and oatmeal. The breakfast offering was very good and the scrambled eggs weren't cooked to death. Because we were without a vehicle we needed a couple taxi's to take us into town for dinner. The general manager was quick to offer the 8 of us transportation to our restaurant in their shuttle and also did so in the morning to take us to the beginning of our ride (our bikes were in a separate vehicle). They went out of their way to accommodate our special needs and to thank us for business and choosing their hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mike H
Owings Mills, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I needed to be at the hospital at 630 am and this Hampton Inn was very convenient. While the outside has the standard look, the inside is very up to date. The lobby is a more traditional lodge style, but the eating area is very updated with a high ceiling and modern fixtures, including a flat screen tv. The breakfast was more than adequate for being included in the cost of the room. I would return and recommend this as a very good value.

Rostraver, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Just spent Easter weekend at this hotel, as it is close to our daughter's in Frederick. We got a nice AARP rate,which included one of the best breakfast buffets that I've seen & it was FREE. Well,included anyway. Even though it was Easter Sunday, the two ladies in the buffet were cheerful & pleasant. Food was plentiful. There is a microwave & fridge in every room. One little glitch which I will mention to the hotel if we get a survey - when we took our fruit, water, etc from the little fridge to go home, it was frozen solid. Did not realize until we were on our way home. The room itself was very nice, quiet, at least on the 5th floor. We'll definately stay there again.
One cute thing - on Easter Sunday, we noted that someone had left plastic candy-filled eggs hidden (in plain view) for kiddies to find in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Check your food if you leave it in the fridge - temp may need turned down.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 1 night on March 31. I was part of a group activity at nearby Frederick Community College and got a discounted group rate. I booked a king room. Safety is always a factor as a female traveling alone (on this trip), so I was pleased to find the property to be well-lit and despite the late hour I checked in, I was able to find a parking spot right outside the hotel lobby. The hotel is across the street from a Roy Rogers and a 7Eleven, and it has a shuttle which I didn’t use.

Check-in was accomplished quickly. The pleasant and welcoming staffer who checked me in took the time to inquire about my event and how it had gone. Since the hotel was sold out and I was the fourth-to-last person to check-in, the hotel could not accommodate my request for a room near the elevator, but I realized that I was only a couple doors down from the elevator anyway. Anything closer would have meant I’d hear the elevator dings all night.

The hotel common areas seemed spotless and bright with no odors. The elevator was quick and clean. On the 4th floor (my floor) there was an ice machine and a soda machine. Of course, you could also get snacks at the pantry downstairs. Free hot beverages (tea and coffee) in the lobby 24 hours was a nice touch.

My 4th floor room had a king bed, sleep sofa, desk, chair, TV, mini fridge, microwave, bench, ironing board, iron, a safe (not found in many hotels these days) and a luggage rack. My bathroom had an ample supply of towels. My bathroom had a shower, no tub, but I expected that. I used the wireless on my Kindle Fire and it was quick to connect and service was consistent all the way to the time I checked out.

There appeared to be lots of school teams staying at the property, but except for seeing a few in the elevator, I didn’t hear a peep on my floor. I liked that I couldn’t hear my upstairs neighbor walking around, using the bathroom or shower – a problem I’ve experienced in recent hotel stays.

I slept in, so I didn’t get an opportunity to check out the complimentary breakfast. Instead, I heated up some pastries in the microwave in my room and got hot tea from the lobby. The breakfast area (the night before) looked very clean and of a fair size.

In terms of cons I would mention two issues, firstly that the AC/heat unit was loud. I mean really loud! If you’re a light sleeper (I’m not), that might be an issue. Secondly, my room faced the sun and I found that by 10 am the next morning, the A/C could not seem to cool my room down. I jokingly said to my husband that with check-out time looming, I think the hotel was trying to sweat me out! I’m not sure if it was the sun rays, a faulty unit (worked fine the night before) or a combination of factors, but by 12 noon check-out I was sweating. I am directionally-challenged, so I’ll just say that a room on the uneven side of the hallway might be cooler, since it doesn’t directly face the sun. I had a room on the even side of the hallway.

For the price paid (especially with the free breakfast), this Hampton Inn offers good value. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the uneven side of the hallway to avoid direct sunlight heating up your room in th...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo