I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 1 night on March 31. I was part of a group activity at nearby Frederick Community College and got a discounted group rate. I booked a king room. Safety is always a factor as a female traveling alone (on this trip), so I was pleased to find the property to be well-lit and despite the late hour I checked in, I was able to find a parking spot right outside the hotel lobby. The hotel is across the street from a Roy Rogers and a 7Eleven, and it has a shuttle which I didn’t use.
Check-in was accomplished quickly. The pleasant and welcoming staffer who checked me in took the time to inquire about my event and how it had gone. Since the hotel was sold out and I was the fourth-to-last person to check-in, the hotel could not accommodate my request for a room near the elevator, but I realized that I was only a couple doors down from the elevator anyway. Anything closer would have meant I’d hear the elevator dings all night.
The hotel common areas seemed spotless and bright with no odors. The elevator was quick and clean. On the 4th floor (my floor) there was an ice machine and a soda machine. Of course, you could also get snacks at the pantry downstairs. Free hot beverages (tea and coffee) in the lobby 24 hours was a nice touch.
My 4th floor room had a king bed, sleep sofa, desk, chair, TV, mini fridge, microwave, bench, ironing board, iron, a safe (not found in many hotels these days) and a luggage rack. My bathroom had an ample supply of towels. My bathroom had a shower, no tub, but I expected that. I used the wireless on my Kindle Fire and it was quick to connect and service was consistent all the way to the time I checked out.
There appeared to be lots of school teams staying at the property, but except for seeing a few in the elevator, I didn’t hear a peep on my floor. I liked that I couldn’t hear my upstairs neighbor walking around, using the bathroom or shower – a problem I’ve experienced in recent hotel stays.
I slept in, so I didn’t get an opportunity to check out the complimentary breakfast. Instead, I heated up some pastries in the microwave in my room and got hot tea from the lobby. The breakfast area (the night before) looked very clean and of a fair size.
In terms of cons I would mention two issues, firstly that the AC/heat unit was loud. I mean really loud! If you’re a light sleeper (I’m not), that might be an issue. Secondly, my room faced the sun and I found that by 10 am the next morning, the A/C could not seem to cool my room down. I jokingly said to my husband that with check-out time looming, I think the hotel was trying to sweat me out! I’m not sure if it was the sun rays, a faulty unit (worked fine the night before) or a combination of factors, but by 12 noon check-out I was sweating. I am directionally-challenged, so I’ll just say that a room on the uneven side of the hallway might be cooler, since it doesn’t directly face the sun. I had a room on the even side of the hallway.
For the price paid (especially with the free breakfast), this Hampton Inn offers good value. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an ideal location in Maryland’s second largest city, the Frederick-Fort Detrick offers easy access to Fort Detrick along with all the other attractions of the city. Whether you prefer to take in the historical sites or stroll through the town, browsing antiques, this hotel is conveniently positioned for both business and leisure travel. And during your stay, enjoy a free, hot breakfast each morning, complimentary internet service, free parking, an indoor pool, fitness center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
- Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick Hotel Frederick
- Hampton Inn Frederick
- Frederick Hampton Inn