I've just returned home after two nights at this hotel. Our first night went very well, in spite of loud water pipe noises that awakened all three of us (myself, my husband and our daughter) early in the morning. The breakfast was great yesterday (Saturday). Last night and this morning were terribly disappointing. The water pipe noises woke my daughter up several times (she recited the actual times to me) and I woke up a couple of times as well. When we went to breakfast at 9:30 (breakfast is from 6:00 - 10:00 a.m.) we were surprised to see that the hot food was almost completely gone, except for a few potato cubes and some scrambled eggs. A closer examination revealed that the fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and even hot water for tea were all gone by 9:40 a.m. The breakfast area experienced floods of hotel guests, who were of course disappointed to see this lack of food. (Yes, there was still waffles, white bread, banana nut muffins, cold cereal and juice - I did not look at the oatmeal supply - and a bagel or two - but someone with a gluten intolerance would have been totally out of luck.) The breakfast room lady ambled in at 9:45 and announced that the food was "all gone" - I was left wondering what would happen to tomorrow's guests!
The hotel was very full, but that is no excuse. We guests all paid for our breakfasts in our room rate, yet many guests did not get to enjoy the breakfast they had been promised. Management should have planned for many hungry guests on a Sunday morning. Running out of hot water for tea was clearly annoying to at least one guest - even if there really was no food left in the hotel, there was surely running water, as we'd all noticed running water in our bathrooms this morning.
We stay at Hampton Inns on a regular basis because we know we will have clean, comfortable rooms, free wifi and a nice breakfast. Not today. Late-rising guests should have the same breakfast experience as the early birds; it's not as though Frederick is a remote location with limited access to restaurant supplies. We've stayed at Hampton Inns in Frederick twice now and I have to say that I will be looking at other hotel chains for next year's stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an ideal location in Maryland’s second largest city, the Frederick-Fort Detrick offers easy access to Fort Detrick along with all the other attractions of the city. Whether you prefer to take in the historical sites or stroll through the town, browsing antiques, this hotel is conveniently positioned for both business and leisure travel. And during your stay, enjoy a free, hot breakfast each morning, complimentary internet service, free parking, an indoor pool, fitness center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
- Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick Hotel Frederick
- Hampton Inn Frederick
- Frederick Hampton Inn