“Pretentious”
Review of Tasting Room

Tasting Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pretentious”
Reviewed January 3, 2006

After reading so much about how wonderful this place was, my husband and I decided to try it. The staff seemed to have their noses so far in the air they never noticed us. They had a large array of those "martini" drinks that aren't actually martinis, but flavoured frou frou. The tables are far too close, the noise so loud you cannot hear each other. the food was okay, but nothing like as good and innovative as I was led to believe. For dining at this price point, I'll return to DC.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Austin, Texas
“Are we really in Frederick?”
Reviewed November 19, 2005

My three dining companions and I asked ourselves the question above several times during a recent meal at the Tasting Room. This was certainly a top notch dining experience, better than many I've had in major cities. The service here was excellent and efficient, but not rushed. The wine list is extensive and diverse with a number of great bottles for less than $50. The food was excellently prepared and presented. I would highly recommend the Tasting Room. It is certainly worth the drive.

6 Thank MrTed