New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Favorite Frederick restaurant destination!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tasting Room

Tasting Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 390 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
Germantown, Maryland
“Favorite Frederick restaurant destination!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've been going to "The Tasting Room" since 2007 and have never been disappointed. I have experienced just about everything on their menu at lunches and dinners -- the food is superb and proportionally very satisfying. I've been there with one person and as many as 12+, with the 12+-person entourage, we were seated in a private room located off their main dining room. I've been there for festive celebratory occasions and business lunches. The team of servers and bartenders, host/hostesses throughout the years has been stellar! They get it insofar as welcoming, serving and promoting the restaurant! A number of the team/staff have been there the entire time the restaurant has been open! That in itself says a lot. Sometimes we've been there to sit at their bar for drinks & hors d'oeuvres and on occasions decided to stay for dinner and the transfer to a dining scenario at the bar was carried out gracefully! As I said in my headline this meal experience destination is my all-time Frederick favorite!

2 Thank 1KTee

Dallas, Texas
“Worth a Second Visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Good -

Good service and although crowded and loud, a good atmosphere. We grabbed a drink at the bar while we waited for our table. The martinis were spot on and the bar tender was pleasant and quick, despite my persnickety requests.

I started with the Market Salad, which was good although a bit overdressed. I ate every last bit.

The Disappointing -

I ordered the jumbo lump crab cakes. The cakes were tasteless. They literally tasted like baked crab out of can. No seasoning whatsoever. Perhaps healthy, but horribly bland. The sides were unremarkable. I tasted my date's augratin potatoes. They stated like garlic mash.

Based on the entrees, we skipped desserts on the menu and asked to share a scoop of ice cream, which was fine.

Based on the other reviews, I suspect we may have hit an off night.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
West Virginia
“Food Very Good but Sides were Cold, Way Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Met another couple for dinner here in September. The place was clean and comfortable. Our server was friendly and was knowlegable about the menu. We each ordered an entre 2 orders of "lobster mash potatoes". We then sat and waited, and waited and waited. After finally saying something to a member of the staff (our server had vanished) our entres were brought right out. We all had seafood orders and they were good and cooked perfectly. The sides however were cold as if they had been sitting out a while before the entre was added. Additional hot sides were provided after a complaint was made. The lobster potatoes were excellent and were not cold. Our total bill with 4 entres and a total of 6 beers was $200.00, not including tip. This restaurant is way over priced and not worth the cost.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Baltimore, Maryland
“Outstanding Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We enjoyed dinner here on a Saturday evening after a full day of shopping in Frederick. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. The restaurant is busy, so a reservation is recommended. It was noisy and the tables are close together, but the meal made it all worthwhile. The blood orange cosmo was a great starter as we waited for our appetizers. The calamari was tender and delicious; my friend thought the lobster chowder was the best she's eaten. We both ordered the Atlantic halibut with corn risotto, and it was amazing. The halibut was very thick and nicely seasoned. The pumpkin cheesecake was smooth and creamy-- delicious. We heard from a couple of people that their filet is the best you'll find. Though the restaurant was crowded, we never felt rushed, and the service was excellent. If you are looking for a casual evening with first class food, the Tasting Room is a must.

Middletown, md
“Great Friday Night Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went for a family meal early Friday night. We had steaks, salads, and the pork shank special. The food was excellent, service was attentive, and the environment lively. It was a perfect meal. We enjoy eating out and have not been impressed with other venues. Tasting Room did it right. I suggest the Caesar salad (perfectly dressed!) and the sauteed Brussel sprouts.