“Overpriced and Noisy”
Review of Tasting Room

Tasting Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I went to The Tasting Room to celebrate our 47th anniversary. It was early in the week but it seemed to be rather full. It is a small restaurant on a busy intersection in downtown Frederick MD. The people watching was fabulous! However, the noise level was horrible and my husband had a difficult time hearing when we conversed. Our appetizer of the fois gras was fantastic, our salads were very good, but the entrees (we both had fish) were just okay, nothing special. Our waiter was very nice and polite which we both appreciated. It had been a couple of years since the last time we were there and I think it will be a couple more unless they do something for noise abatement.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went for the first time last weekend. We had made a reservation, and were seated right away.
The service was very good. There were 4 of us. We shared 2 starters-calamari and beef carpaccio. Both were amazing! Two of us had the monkfish. It was served with Yucca and grapefruit in the dish. We both cleaned our plates. 1 of us had lamb, and the last of us had the duck breast special. The lamb dish was the best lamb we have ever had! We had the mexican chocolate tart for dessert, and were fighting for the last bite.
The only downside to this place is the size of the restaurant, and the noise level. I wouldn't choose to go here for an intimate, romantic meal. I would certainly recommend for an evening out with friends or family.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant in downtown Frederick, Md. We really enjoy the high quality of food and service. Just one note... Do not let them pack up your leftovers for you... They may come mixed together in the same container :( Also, if you get any food for take home, do make sure you open the bag to ensure you are not disappointed later. Still one of my favorite restaurants in Frederick!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I can't say enough good things about our dinner here. We had Justin who was an amazing server, was extremely knowledgeable about the menu as well as the wine list. He even convinced me to stray from my normal wine choice and go with a different varietal and I ended up loving it!

Had a pork belly and quail egg "play on breakfast" for our appetizer - delicious! I've had pork belly several times but this was the best. Every flavor worked well together.

For dinner I had the organic salmon and my fiancé had the duck 2 ways. Both great, not a complaint. Half way through we got a lobster mashed potato, if this is on the menu when you go - you must get it! I personally don't enjoy lobster but I found these mashed potatoes to be one of the best thing Ive tasted.

Dessert came and we weren't totally stuffed ( portions are good, I hate leaving dinner feeling too full ) got the banana bread bread pudding. Again, another amazing dish from Tasting Room.

I would go back in a heart beat and recommend this to anyone looking for genuinely good food.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This IS the place to enjoy a great meal with Great service. I would HIGHLY recommend this to EVERYONE.