New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Favorite Frederick Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tasting Room

Tasting Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 390 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
New Market, Maryland
“Favorite Frederick Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Food is always spectacular and staff is amazing. My first choice of places to go on a night out. Have been for birthdays, anniversaries and just for a night out. Would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2013

Frederick, Maryland
“Not the best night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

The restaurant was very very busy and beyond noisy. It was very difficult to hear my wife sitting only a couple of feet away. The food was quite disappointing; the duck foie gras was forgettable, my wife's steak although very tender was tasteless as was the side provided with the dish. My monkfish main was excellent.....but delivered cold. High scores for the lobster whipped mash.....it was delicious. Deserts were good especially the Mexican chocolate tart.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
WV
“Disappointing to a long-time patron”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I have been going to the Tasting Room for over a decade, but had not been there for perhaps a year before our last two visits.

On our first recent visit, we were surprised to find that the menu had changed completely from what we remembered, but had high hopes nonetheless. My wife had the short-rib sandwich, which was both good and quite big, while I had a steak salad, which was good but a little on the small side. Today, we returned with our daughter and two of her kids, and were frankly disappointed on several fronts. Our daughter wanted to order a pea risotto dish, which was one of the menu "specialties", but was discouraged by our waiter who explained that it was "more of an appetizer portion." This seemed to be a common thread - while the short-rib sandwich and the hamburger were substantial servings, the chicken salad, while adequate, was tiny, and the chicken morsels in it were a few barely-visible cubes.. Our granddaughter's hamburger, ordered medium rare, arrived well-done, and while our waiter willingly replaced it, the substitution took a long time, it should not have happened in the first place.

My impression is that the restaurant must have changed ownership, or at least has a new executive chef who has not yet found his feet. The menu seems to have suffered, particularly in terms of consistency of portion sizes, The acoustics have long been a problem, but we had endured the clamor for the sake of the food. Now, given the decline in the menu, there does not seem to be much reason for us to return.

Florida
“So impressed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I made a reservation for a Friday evening. The only table available was at 5:45, a little early but we were traveling and an early night was welcomed. When we arrived we were shown to a table right on top of the door. We asked for a different table which we did get. Our service was excellent, the wine list was very good and the menu enticing. I had the fish stew with a wonderful broth. My husband had a great steak. The creme brûlée was yummy, too. Definitely worth the trip!

Boyds, Maryland
“Delicious but bad Accoustics”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Everyone is very friendly but the noise is awful. My husband has hearing problems and he can barely understand a conversation. On the other hand, the food is always outstanding and cleverly presented.

Visited June 2012