“Great food, atmosphere just okay”
Review of Tasting Room

Tasting Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 406 Restaurants in Frederick
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We strongly recommend The Tasting Room. Four of us ate there after enjoying a walk around downtown Frederick. Our meals -- halibut, salmon, lamb, tuna -- were uniformly excellent. Great wine though choose carefully -- some very expensive bottles on the list. Salads were good but a bit small. One downside: bread was just mediocre and, we think, might have been sitting in the kitchen one day too long. Service was good though a bit slow due to the crowd at the restaurant. Atmosphere is the one downside. It is a crowded and bit noisy place but the food does a lot to make up for it. It is our favorite place in Frederick, even over Volt.

There are newer reviews for Tasting Room

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Frederick for a concert on a Friday evening and made reservations at the Tasting Room for dinner. We were there at 6 p.m. and were seated near the bar at the end of Happy Hour. The relatively small dining room was getting busy too. All this, coupled with the wood floors and high ceilings, made for a very loud ambience. Despite the lively surroundings, the service was great and the food was special. I had the ginger-carrot soup, and it was a taste sensation. My wife said it would be simple to make, but it was really good I had the scallops for my entree. Despite the rather small serving (3 large scallops), they were exceptional and succulent. My wife had the salmon By contrast, she got a rather large piece of salmon that was grilled just right and terrifically tasty. For dessert, we shared a creme brule that was smooth and creamy and prepared to perfection, The price? The Tasting Room is pretty pricey, but the quality justifies the cost if you can stand the noise!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stopped for lunch and had a great experience. The menu is very unique and the food was very good. Service was great. Even though it has linen table cloths and napkins, anyone is welcome. The pricing was much less than we thought it would be when we first walked in.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We enjoyed an evening at the Tasting Room after many praises from friends. The place is surprisingly small, which is probably why reservations are highly recommended. We expected the evening to be pricing and were told upfront that the Menu is on the higher end. With that in end mind, you automatically expect more and maybe that is why I am not giving the Tasting Room 5 out of 5. My meal was tasty. The Lobster Mashed Potatoes and Soup was WONDERFUL; however, the steak, which everyone raved about really lacked flavor in my opinion. Especially for the price you pay. The service was good, the atmosphere has a city feel to it and the wine and beverage selection is great.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a wonderful birthday dinner with family. Reservations were made and we arrived early. We were seated near the windows for downtown dinning. Bar area is near but not interrupting. Food selection was great, staff helpful and knowledgeable. Steaks were perfect and the evening was a hit for my birthday.