“Tasty But High Priced”
Review of Tasting Room

Tasting Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 402 Restaurants in Frederick
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
maryland
“Tasty But High Priced”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We enjoyed an evening at the Tasting Room after many praises from friends. The place is surprisingly small, which is probably why reservations are highly recommended. We expected the evening to be pricing and were told upfront that the Menu is on the higher end. With that in end mind, you automatically expect more and maybe that is why I am not giving the Tasting Room 5 out of 5. My meal was tasty. The Lobster Mashed Potatoes and Soup was WONDERFUL; however, the steak, which everyone raved about really lacked flavor in my opinion. Especially for the price you pay. The service was good, the atmosphere has a city feel to it and the wine and beverage selection is great.

• Visited December 2012

frederick, md
“Birthday evening”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a wonderful birthday dinner with family. Reservations were made and we arrived early. We were seated near the windows for downtown dinning. Bar area is near but not interrupting. Food selection was great, staff helpful and knowledgeable. Steaks were perfect and the evening was a hit for my birthday.

Visited January 2013
Maryland
“A Light and Luscious Lunch”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

A great place for lunch with friends. The Tasting Room is beautifully situated in historic downtown Frederick. We had a fairly large party and were given a small room in the back. Our service was excellent. I had the grilled chicken salad, which was lightly dressed with a delicious combination of flavors. It was a bit pricey, but I wouldn't hesitate to return to taste some of the other menu options.

• Visited March 2013
Waterford, Virginia, United States
“Loud, Overpriced, No 2nd Chance”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We drove to Frederick for restaurant week. 8pm reservation, four of us seated promptly. Then things went steadily downhill.

We drew the table directly across from the bathroom hallway. Because only one person can be in the restroom at once, there were ALWAYS people standing around watching us eat. And let's be clear, it's a small restaurant to begin with, and it is LOUD. Our server was okay, but not engaged. Perhaps the birthday party in the private room next to our table was the cause, but she was focused on something other than our table.

The $10!!!!! Mixed drinks were weak. Ten. Dollars. Each. And weak. Just not okay. The two ladies ordered the chefs tasting menu with scallops. The other guy ordered the rockfish ($38!!!!!!!). I was last to order and asked a question about the chef menu Amish chicken... Bone in? No, just breast... Okay, let's have that.

When we were served, three orders of scallops came out with the rockfish. I sent the scallops back and was told the chicken was coming. Our server did admit she put the order in wrong... So I sat while my guests tried to be polite and eat very slow. Not comfortable at all. Since my meal had to be started over, they should have taken all plates away and serve us together. Especially when your touting how exclusive your food is...

My chicken did finally arrive... Everyone else was finished. Three bites in and I realize the worst possible situation... RAW chicken. I quietly pointed it out to the waitress and just asked for desserts. No coffee was offered, but they remained attentive to the birthday party. Overall the food was just good... Scallops were small, sides non-existent. We ordered brussel sprouts, and they were not well prepared.

The bill came and here's the fun part... "We took off your meal and your drinks..." REALLY? I don't have to pay for raw chicken? Thanks!!!! So for three meals, the total before tip was $190!!!!! Outrageous.

I called on Monday and did speak with managers who confirmed the bill was accurate.... But their offer to provide us a $50 gift card to come back... Bad choice on their part. Insulting actually. Credit towards the bill and let your customers choose where to eat.

Clearly we won't return, but hopefully others don't have to suffer through a night like we experienced. As other contributors note, there are plenty of other places to dine in Frederick.

Waynesboro,PA
“Market Street Marvel”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Tasting Room in Frederick was a very nice surprise! The lobster chowder was very tasty! The wine list is extensive and well-priced. We enjoyed our Prosecco a lot. The waitstaff is professional and personable. The filet was done to perfection. My only negative comment is we arrived for dinner during Happy Hour and being seated in the front room it was quite noisy! Seating is quite close and the woman next to us complained about everything!!!! We plan to go again at a later time and will ask for a reservation in another room.

• Visited March 2013