WINNER WONDERLAND

“Steak Heaven” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tasting Room

Tasting Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 390 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
Frederick, Maryland
“Steak Heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went to Tasting Room 11/3/12 and had the best steak in town. Service was good but waitress could have been a little friendlier. We were late eating so maybe we got her when she was very tired. Good place to go. A little on the high side but once in a while you mujst treat yourself.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“New York prices but not exactly New York food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

You don't really get what you pay for here. There's an arrogance to the staff and the menu that is not justified. The food is okay and Nicky presented, but nothing special. I had always heard that this was a great treat, but I was disappointed. For the money, Volt is better.

Frederick, Maryland
“Much of the menu is overhyped/overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

and you feel like you're in a fishbowl. They boast about their martinis but I've never had one there that blew me away, better luck for that at Bonefish grill.

Visited November 2011
Wheaton, Illinois
“a favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

6 of us ate at The Tasting Room on a Mon evening after tramping Antietam Battlefield since 6am. We were ready for a relaxing and hearty meal. The specialty drinks were imaginative and delicious. Everyone loved their dinner. Service was supuperb. Our, server, David, was a lot of fun. Excellent wine list with lots of price points. Would definitely go back!

• Visited September 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Pompous and Unprofessional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I grew up in Frederick county and I have eaten at most restaurants in downtown Frederick. I find the Tasting Room very pretentious and loud, from the staff to the clientele. The last time my friends and I went here we were running late because one person in our party had a little trouble with her toddler. We called ahead and told them we would be 15 minutes late and they told me they would hold the table. When we arrived 20 minutes late, they had given away the table. That would have been fine; we were late I get it, but don't tell me you're holding the table.

The most repulsive thing about the evening was the Maitre D. While we waited for our table that had been given away, he proceeded to go up to a table of women beside the window and started to make fun of a man who was stretching to take a run just outside the window. Really? I just thought it was really mean and unprofessional, but that is the vibe in there.

The food is always good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's worth the money or pretentiousness of the place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles