“our go to spot”

La Paz
Ranked #301 of 402 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Paz Mexican Restaurant is located in Historic Downtown Frederick, MD at 51 South Market Street, along the Carroll Creek Promenade. Our family friendly Mexican restaurant features creekside and pet-friendly dining on a spacious patio, handicap accessibility and a colorful & festive atmosphere. Our delicious food and legendary margaritas have made us a Frederick favorite for over 30 years. We hope to see you soon at La Paz!
Frederick, Maryland
“our go to spot”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

One of our favorite places to eat ... especially with the kids! Chips and salsa are fantastic. Usually busy on the weekends but if you get there early you rarely have to wait. Patio is fun for people watching and hanging out with friends.

• Visited August 2012

Frederick, MD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoy Mexican Food in a Cozy Setting”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Not only is the food good, but the atmosphere is great!!!
Being in downtown Frederick, it is easy to find. Plus, you get to people watch on Market Street from some of the areas in the restaurant. The wait staff is great also.

Visited November 2011
Clarksburg, MD
“Very Mediocre”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We ate there tonight during First Saturday. They were understaffed, but I have to say our server, TJ, really hustled and was pleasant. They give you salsa and chips at the table. The salsa is thick (which I like), but it was almost stringy and had a weird aftertaste. The margarita was decent, but I would have preferred it in a real margarita glass, not a small hi-ball glass. I had the tortilla soup which was forgettable and rather flavorless. My husband said the chili was just okay. My daughter liked the chicken fingers. We also tried the fiesta nachos which were again were just "okay". For 3 alcoholic drinks, 1 soda, a kids meal, 2 appetizers and nachos it was around $50 with tip. The location is nice along the canal and we ate outside, which was pleasant. They also do not have an allergy menu, which made it harder for me to make selections. I doubt we will return in the future. Too many other restaurants we haven't tried yet.

• Visited October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Go for the view on the patio on a nice sunny day”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Mexican food, I doubt it... only if I were the cook. Not a put down because I would go back but it's not very Mexican in my opinion. I would go back for the beer, chips, and decent salsa to hang outside along the Carroll Creek Linear Park where people walk along, ride bikes, etc. It's great for people watching, catching up, and catching some sun at this popular hangout.

• Visited September 2012
Frederick, Maryland
“Great Patio, Strong Margaritas, so-so food”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The title says it all. The restaurant is situated on the corner of South Market Street and the Carol Creek Canal. Great outdoor patio for relaxing, people watching and sitting by the creek off of the main road. The food is nothing special, but the margaritas are nice and strong and the outdoor patio is great! I would recommend going there for drinks and snacks.

Visited August 2012