“Go for the view on the patio on a nice sunny day”
Review of La Paz

La Paz
Ranked #306 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Paz Mexican Restaurant is located in Historic Downtown Frederick, MD at 51 South Market Street, along the Carroll Creek Promenade. Our family friendly Mexican restaurant features creekside and pet-friendly dining on a spacious patio, handicap accessibility and a colorful & festive atmosphere. Our delicious food and legendary margaritas have made us a Frederick favorite for over 30 years. We hope to see you soon at La Paz!
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Mexican food, I doubt it... only if I were the cook. Not a put down because I would go back but it's not very Mexican in my opinion. I would go back for the beer, chips, and decent salsa to hang outside along the Carroll Creek Linear Park where people walk along, ride bikes, etc. It's great for people watching, catching up, and catching some sun at this popular hangout.

There are newer reviews for La Paz

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The title says it all. The restaurant is situated on the corner of South Market Street and the Carol Creek Canal. Great outdoor patio for relaxing, people watching and sitting by the creek off of the main road. The food is nothing special, but the margaritas are nice and strong and the outdoor patio is great! I would recommend going there for drinks and snacks.

1  Thank Dana D
Reviewed August 22, 2012

thought the food would be a lot better. Mexican restaurant but the food was average or below average. It appears people may go here mostly for drinks.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Although some of their food is good, a lot of the ingredients seem cheap, as if you could just go get a bunch of cans of items, open them up, and cook it yourself at home, and not have to pay for a meal and tip a waitor. The spot is very nice if you eat outside (in the heart of downtown but right near the path along Carroll Creek that runs directly into gorgeous Baker Park). I don't know if we will go back again.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Whenever we are in downtown Frederick and are looking for a place to eat, I always say, "Let's go to LaPaz!" The response is always, "Yes" from all family members. We love the choice of eating inside or outside. The food is excellent. Again, have had both good and bad waite staff experiences, but we go for the food.