“Downtown Frederick lunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stopped by Brewer's Alley in downtown Frederick for lunch. Lunch consisted of a bowl of Potato leek soup and a strawberry goat cheese salad with marinated steak. Everything was perfect. The waiter knew his stuff and the service was great. Downtown Frederick, Maryland is a must to visit. This town has its stuff together. Just a stroll up and down Market Street with its inviting shops and restaurants is absolutely enjoyable.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We knew that this restaurant didn't accept reservations for parties of less than eight. We were told to get there early on a Friday night for prompt seating at the 7:00 hour. Thanks to the driving rains however, we arrived close to 7 and were seated immediately in a quiet area of the restaurant. I have to warn you that seating anywhere close to the bar area could be detrimental if you want to have dinner conversation.........it was VERY noisy!

If you are into local beer selections, you should be happy with their beer menu. Single glasses, as well as flights, of their beers were available and the selection of the beers was good.

As for entrees, we were quite happy with our choices. One person in our party selected the trout entree..............it so resembled salmon in both looks and first tastes that he thought that the server had made an error. He enjoyed the dish immensely! Another member of our party ordered the Margherita wood-fired pizza. Delicious! The remaining two shared the wood-fired California Dreamin' XIX pizza.............with spinach, roasted zucchini, summer squash, red onions, pesto sauce, & feta cheese............to die for!!!

I would highly recommend this restaurant for a casual evening meal......great food at a reasonable cost. You might want to get there a bit early if you want to eat at the ever-popular 7 PM dining time. I am sure that you might have a bit of a wait if you don't.............unless you can arrange to receive the heavy rains like we did at just the right time!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I went here with another couple for dinner on a recent visit to Frederick. Luckily we were seated away from the noisy bar area. Service was friendly and quick. My friend and I split a large pizza with veggies, feta and pesto - delicious, and a tasty thin crust. The two men also enjoyed theirs - a marguerita pizza and the steelhead trout. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just returned to Brewer's Alley for my favorite meal there ... 8 oz. blue cheese burger and golden brown ale. On the weekends, Brewer's is always packed for lunch, so you can expect to wait for your meal so go with good company and you'll have a great time and forget about the wait. Although I have yet to have their fish and chips, I've gone with people who order and re-order it, so it must be great. Plus, when I look around the tables, I see a sea of burgers and fish and chips. The menu however is extensive so don't think you're limited to these meals! Highly recommend Brewer's Alley.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The nachos were large, warm and very tasty. I had a great burger, avocado, salsa - it was cooked just right - medium rare, but not bleeding... Excellent cheesecake, and nice strong coffee...a good value in a beautiful little city

Been to Brewer's Alley? Share your experiences!