“Great Beer and Basics”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We love the beer and basic foods: pizza, burgers, salads, but have been disappointed on several occasions when we've tried ordering something off their entree and specials menu. For that, I'd suggest one of several other Frederick restaurants. There is a great bar area with large screen TV's that we always enjoy.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food selection was good, service was good. I don't have anything bad to say about the experience. I enjoyed the whole experience and would definitely go back again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Best brewpub in the area. All of the beers are good and some are excellent. I have eaten here ~20 times and never been disappointed. Experiences can range from "fine dining" to "casual". Every meal has been good and the service is fast, if not attentive.
First time? Pick the 6-ale sampler to taste the brewmaster's recipes.
I usually get some kind of standard, but have also ordered the pizza which is made in a wood-fired oven.
Steer clear of the pale ale, brown ale, and other low-taste suds and try a cask-conditioned or seasonal ale.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were attending an event in Frederick and needed a place for dinner. One person in our group has some food allergies and we are all health conscious, we didn't want greasy food. Brewer's Alley caught my eye because the menu seemed to offer something for everyone. I called to ask if they'd accommodate allergies and the response was not only positive, but friendly and welcoming. I made a reservation and off we went. It's a fairly large establishment, large bar area where we returned later in the evening for dessert, and a large dining room. Thursday night special is a $14.99 lobster with fries and coleslaw and a salad. I substituted broccoli for the fries. Service was great. One piece of salmon arrived a little under cooked for the diner's preference and it was immediately returned cooked just right and a manager stopped by to apologize. A good place for a casual dinner.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stopped in while visiting Frederick. Market Street is chock full of unique restaurants so it is hard to decide where to go. I ventured into Brewer's Alley as a local beer sounded pretty good. I had the Trinity Stout which is a nitro pour (their version of Guiness I imagine). It was good. Then I ordered the turkey kiev burger with avocado. That was quite large and very tasty, Being it was in the afternoon on a weekday, it wasn't very busy, which was fine with me. I enjoyed my lunch and wandered down the street. Overall, it was a worthy stop.