“Lobster on a Thursday night”
Review of Brewer's Alley

Brewer's Alley
Ranked #6 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were attending an event in Frederick and needed a place for dinner. One person in our group has some food allergies and we are all health conscious, we didn't want greasy food. Brewer's Alley caught my eye because the menu seemed to offer something for everyone. I called to ask if they'd accommodate allergies and the response was not only positive, but friendly and welcoming. I made a reservation and off we went. It's a fairly large establishment, large bar area where we returned later in the evening for dessert, and a large dining room. Thursday night special is a $14.99 lobster with fries and coleslaw and a salad. I substituted broccoli for the fries. Service was great. One piece of salmon arrived a little under cooked for the diner's preference and it was immediately returned cooked just right and a manager stopped by to apologize. A good place for a casual dinner.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stopped in while visiting Frederick. Market Street is chock full of unique restaurants so it is hard to decide where to go. I ventured into Brewer's Alley as a local beer sounded pretty good. I had the Trinity Stout which is a nitro pour (their version of Guiness I imagine). It was good. Then I ordered the turkey kiev burger with avocado. That was quite large and very tasty, Being it was in the afternoon on a weekday, it wasn't very busy, which was fine with me. I enjoyed my lunch and wandered down the street. Overall, it was a worthy stop.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

casual atmosphere and good food. I had a lamb burger and it was awesome. Service was quick and friendly. definitely will be back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I should preface this by saying I went in here on a weekday afternoon so I'm sure there are times when it's rowdier. As I experienced it, it was a comfortable enough spot to hang with friends and very much had a pub feel. I did not eat here but heard from others that the food was good for bar food and they do have a wood fire grill for pizzas. The bartender, an older gentleman, was about the nicest man ever! He was so friendly, funny and engaging. I think this place would have been less impressive if not for his wonderful attitude.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been here a few times over the last few years. The beer is good (was drinking the IPA most recently) but not stellar. Burger are good. Perhaps trying some other items on the menu would improve my rating. It is a brewpub so the brew takes precedence over the food and again the beer is good but not good enough for me to long to return. Service is good. We sat at the bar and were will tended to. I'll go back again and try some other items on the menu.