“It's busy for a reason...”
Review of Brewer's Alley

Brewer's Alley
Ranked #6 of 409 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2012

It was our first trip to Frederick and we were really looking forward to Brewer's Alley. We weren't disappointed. We had good timing. It was about 1pm and we got the last two seats at the bar. after that, the place was jammed. I really like their Dunkle Weis, but that's probably because it was lighter than your usual Dunkle. I would consider it a cross between a Hefeweisen and Dunkle Weis. Boyfriend like the IPA the best out of what he tried. The bartenders were friendly and had no problem filling us in on all the nuances of their beer. I think they had about 12 on draft, including their 1634 ale, which is supposed to be a rye-based colonial ale. For lunch I had the sliders. At first I was concerned because it was $8 for only 2-sliders, but they were pretty thick for sliders and loaded with cheese and carmelized onions, so those little hamburgers kept me going all day. There are so many restaurants in Frederick that look so inviting and I'd like to try them on future trips, but I think I'll find a way to fit in Brewer's Alley, as well.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The service and knowledge of the staff we had for our party of 16 was topnotch. The food recommendations were spot on when the plates made it to the tables. Staff ensured that individual requests on dishes wer done right the first time, very much appreciated The brews were excellent and the "tasting roulette" was enjoyed by many of the party. View from the second floor with the street holiday lights was enjoyable.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This place was packed on a Saturday night, so we opted for a no wait table in the bar. It was quite noisy but to be expected since football was on 8 screens. Hubby and I both had chili to start. It was spicy, flavorful and hearty. Simply awesome for a cold night. Tender chunks of beef cubes with excellent corn bread on the side. I had pork cutlets in curry. Again flavorful but I didn't care for the grilled pork. The basmati rice with coconut and raisins was very well prepared. Hubby's fish and chips excellent. Server very pleasant. Good solid meal.

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Only having one night in Frederick I asked a hotel employee where to eat. I like to try local brews. Brewers Alley did not have memorable beers but the food was great. I had steak and lobster and pizza. The service was ok and the atmosphere tried to be upscale. In my opinion the atmosphere would be better as more of a pub. I would return when I come back to Frederick.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm from Texas (sorry), visiting my brother who took me to the CIvil War Medical Museum (awesome)...then I picked this place for lunch. The "tasting roulette" was awesome...everything from a light Pilsner to a dark ale...we especially liked the 1700's ale...drinking with Jefferson! They have a nice menu, but when tasting beer I like to keep it simple....great fish 'n' chips.