“Wonderful family party”

Ranked #2 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You come first at Dutch's and it's our mission to maintain the distinction of being your first choice in dining. Whether it's a casual luncheon, romantic dinner for two, that special dinner party, or the ultimate reception, our tradition of quality and excellence is assured. Each day we strive to improve the high excellence already set. All entrees are prepared to your individual order using only the finest quality ingredients and freshest products available. Dutch's Specialties include Seafood, Crab Cakes, Steaks, and Poultry.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The food was wonderful, the buffet offered everything for everyone from Breakfast to dinner foods. Great place for families. Clean and wonderful service

There are newer reviews for Dutch's Daughter

Reviewed August 12, 2014

It is not often that my wife and I can have some time with our two daughters. When that happens it has to be special at a special place. This is it. Went there once before and this visit was as good or better. Service was superb and so was the food. Appetizer we liked most was the brie. Steaks and prime rib done perfectly. The blueberry cobbler one best we ever had

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Twice now we have returned to this restaurant since our move away from their area, and I remember how the food and the preparation was "king" here. Everything mattered to the owners from the salads to the fabulous seafood and everything was cooked and served to perfection. But now they have a gorgeous, fancy new building (not that new anymore but ..). and these past two visits reveal the elegance of the building is now "king". My crabcake was burned on the bottom and dry inside and much, much smaller and sparce in lump meat than days gone by. Our waitress was overwhelmed with the many tables to serve, all crowded with other diners nearly by our elbows. My husband's salmon was a much, much smaller portion though cooked just fine; our friends had meals that they deemed a "B" rated serving in size and preparation, but... the atmosphere WAS classy. Perfect, I guess for impressing clients or important guests?

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had dinner in the daughter's dungeon which is charming without the white tableclothes that main dining room has.
The light plate with broiled crabcake, sweet potato and salad
Was excellent. the bluepoint oysters and pork chop dinner
Got a thumb's up. The dungeon has a large full bar with Tv's and a separate dining room, as well. The young woman who was our server was alert to our needs and took pride in her work, I think. i don't remember her name , but she had just been to Buffalo.. It was easy to find with GPS. Friendly hostess-not a stuffy place, but great for seafood.. Just on the pricey side.

1  Thank Cheryl L
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our family of ten decided to go to brunch at Dutch's Daughter on Fathers Day. The restaurant is very large, on two floors, with elevator. Excellent parking in a lovely surrounding. It looks more like someone's estate than a restaurant. I cannot say enough about the physical plant, it is lovely. However, we came for the food. Brunch at 12:30 must have eggs, sausage, pancakes or waffles, or French toast. The buffet was rather small for the number of people, well over 100. Eggs and hash browns were totally gone. Bacon was more than done, one lonely biscuit I grabbed for my chipped beef and gravy. Bad move, it was rock hard. Roast beef, only very rare. I passed as did my table. Most of my family filled up on desserts, which were much better than the brunch selections.
This was a family celebration of two birthdays and Fathers Day as my son was born on my husbands birthday/Fathers Day. So the fun of gift giving across the table made up for the lack of food. The waiter was long suffering as we overstayed our welcome. I still will try this restaurant for a quiet evening meal for the two of us. I feel they were somewhat overwhelmed by the numbers. We will try again and do another review. I feel they deserve a second try.