“Best Crab Cakes”

Ranked #5 of 423 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: You come first at Dutch's and it's our mission to maintain the distinction of being your first choice in dining. Whether it's a casual luncheon, romantic dinner for two, that special dinner party, or the ultimate reception, our tradition of quality and excellence is assured. Each day we strive to improve the high excellence already set. All entrees are prepared to your individual order using only the finest quality ingredients and freshest products available. Dutch's Specialties include Seafood, Crab Cakes, Steaks, and Poultry.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were in Fredrick for an errand and lunch time struck. I used Google to find a restaurant nearby and this place came up. I had not heard of the place and was surprised to find this excellent restaurant in a residential area.

We opted for the lower level and sat at the bar. I asked the bar tender what was good and without hesitation, he replied the Crab Cakes. I was skeptical, but after one taste, I could have eaten more of them! I make my own crab cakes and my mother in law also makes some good crab cakes, but these were much better. The restaurant prices were a little high for Fredrick, or that would be my guess. We live in Alexandria, so the prices were pretty much what we are used to seeing on menu.

I would return to this place. Nicely furnished, comfortable and great food.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I were returning from a day at Harpers Ferry and had no idea where to go for an early dinner on the way home. Trip advisor app found this for us and we are so happy it did. Though its not difficult to find, we would've never found it on our own since its tucked in a residential community set back off the road.
Beautiful restaurant. Wonderful staff and delicious food.
Can't wait to return to this gem.

1  Thank city2country
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was my first time in Maryland and I was eager to try some Maryland crab cakes. Not only did I come across this spot on Tripadvisor, but it was also recommended by my hotel.

We opted to dine in Dutch's Dungeon, and it was an amazing experience. The upstairs dining room is more formal and upscale, while the dungeon is more casual where the bar is located.
For the crab cakes you will pay - $38, but oh so good.

The ambience, staff, food (salad, bread, asparagus were all delicious) and drinks were all top notch. Highly recommend and will return when in the area.

1  Thank M J
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We've been to Duchess Daughter many times starting back in the late 80's when they were located in smaller building at a golf course. The food, especially the seafood and service has always excellent in a pleasant atmosphere. The prices were always above average but you were getting above average food so it's worth it for a special dinner. I don't know exactly when they increased their prices but whoa have they gone up. Broiled Seafood Platter $54, Crab Cakes $38. Again they're excellent but you're definately paying the premium.

We went there for Mother's day not realizing that it was a brunch and for the first time I can say that I walked away disappointed after paying alot of money for a party of six. The food quality was fine but the choice left all six of us to a person disappointed.

Bottom line. It's a very nice place for a special dinner with excellent seafood.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have had crab cakes a lot of places and it is virtually impossible to find better crab cakes than at Dutch's Daughter. The cream of crab soup is also wonderful. There are many excellent items on the menu but the crab cakes are what I usually have because they are so good. The only things they add to the lump crab are butter and seasoning. We took friends from California to this restaurant recently and they told us that the problem with this restaurant was that they will never be able to order crab cakes again anywhere else because these were so good. There is also a wonderful peanut butter pie. However, usually you are too full after having the crab cakes to have dessert. Maryland is known for its crab cakes and these are some of the best in the state. For the best crab cakes in town, you need to go to Dutch's Daughter restaurant.

2  Thank Randy G