WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Dutch's Daughter

Dutch's Daughter
Ranked #2 of 389 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: You come first at Dutch's and it's our mission to maintain the distinction of being your first choice in dining. Whether it's a casual luncheon, romantic dinner for two, that special dinner party, or the ultimate reception, our tradition of quality and excellence is assured. Each day we strive to improve the high excellence already set. All entrees are prepared to your individual order using only the finest quality ingredients and freshest products available. Dutch's Specialties include Seafood, Crab Cakes, Steaks, and Poultry.
New Jersey
“Scrumptious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

They were voted number one crab cakes for a reason - they are fabulous! Three of us had the crab, one had the salmon and all were happy. We also split two orders of the crab stuffed mushrooms. All the crab was fresh, sweet, juicy and large chunks. Great decor, meal tempo - everything was fantastic. Some people say it is expensive, but to me it was worth ever penny. Since Dutch's has its own huge parking lot - it has the added benefit of great food with no downtown parking hassle. Will we come back - ABSOLUTELY!

Brunswick, Georgia
“50th high school reunion - local high school - dinner here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I am sorry, even though these people gave us a room by ourselves, they charged us $80 a person ($160 a couple) for a VERY mediocre,small steam-tray buffet (with no signature crab cakes)..The origin of this place was a small restaurant at the 9-hole American Legion golf course north of the city where there draw was fresh crab soup. Then they built this outrageous monster of an upscale restaurant for wedding receptions and birthdays and reunions where people will spend $60 + each for a mediocre meal in lovely soundings and go home and cuss and forget about it. I am a native of the area.
Frederick is a wasteland for good restaurants. SO ---
Drive to Buckystown just down the road for romantic atmosphere and and a reasonably priced meal at ALEXANDERS.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Best crab cakes, yes! Best meal might be a bit of a stretch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was with a large group of nearly two dozen. We were seated quickly in what felt like a private room, so they were off to a great start. But we only had one server so the order-taking process was a bit slow. And although our server was knowledgeable about the wine list and the menu, she knew nothing about the beer choices. I settled for a house Chardonnay.
Our orders came out in good time for such a large group and were mostly correct. I had the Maryland Crab soup and it was wonderful. The menu describes it as spicy, but don't let that put you off, it was more savory than spicy.
For my entree I went with the house specialty, Lump Crab Cakes. There was a 'lighter choice' menu available offering a smaller portion and a lighter price. Although I would certainly have enjoyed devouring the full-size portion of these fantastic crab cakes, the smaller portion was plenty.
Those in our group who didn't have crab cakes all said their meals were good, but I didn't hear anyone say great. So, if you go here, go for the crab cakes!
I don't know I would call this the best meal, I've ever had, but the crab cakes were definitely the best I've ever had or at least close to it. I'll definitely go back for more!

Westminster, Maryland
“Great Food but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have a family dinner at Dutch's Daughter every year. The food is always wonderful, the service varies. This year the service was perfect. The staff was attentive but inconspicuous. I ordered the stuffed shrimp and they were very good but the shrimp were small and there were not very many of them. So, although the dish was very good, for the price they were definitely not worth it. Other dishes seemed much more generous. My husband ordered the seafood saute and my son ordered the prime rib. Both were very happy with their choices.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Union Bridge, Maryland
“Best crab cakes I have ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm 51 years old and these are the best broiled crab cakes I have ever had. Enough said. I was there for a wedding rehearsal dinner. Their host took care of us.

• Visited June 2013