“Best crab cakes, yes! Best meal might be a bit of a stretch.”
Review of Dutch's Daughter

Dutch's Daughter
Ranked #2 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: You come first at Dutch's and it's our mission to maintain the distinction of being your first choice in dining. Whether it's a casual luncheon, romantic dinner for two, that special dinner party, or the ultimate reception, our tradition of quality and excellence is assured. Each day we strive to improve the high excellence already set. All entrees are prepared to your individual order using only the finest quality ingredients and freshest products available. Dutch's Specialties include Seafood, Crab Cakes, Steaks, and Poultry.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was with a large group of nearly two dozen. We were seated quickly in what felt like a private room, so they were off to a great start. But we only had one server so the order-taking process was a bit slow. And although our server was knowledgeable about the wine list and the menu, she knew nothing about the beer choices. I settled for a house Chardonnay.
Our orders came out in good time for such a large group and were mostly correct. I had the Maryland Crab soup and it was wonderful. The menu describes it as spicy, but don't let that put you off, it was more savory than spicy.
For my entree I went with the house specialty, Lump Crab Cakes. There was a 'lighter choice' menu available offering a smaller portion and a lighter price. Although I would certainly have enjoyed devouring the full-size portion of these fantastic crab cakes, the smaller portion was plenty.
Those in our group who didn't have crab cakes all said their meals were good, but I didn't hear anyone say great. So, if you go here, go for the crab cakes!
I don't know I would call this the best meal, I've ever had, but the crab cakes were definitely the best I've ever had or at least close to it. I'll definitely go back for more!

There are newer reviews for Dutch's Daughter

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have a family dinner at Dutch's Daughter every year. The food is always wonderful, the service varies. This year the service was perfect. The staff was attentive but inconspicuous. I ordered the stuffed shrimp and they were very good but the shrimp were small and there were not very many of them. So, although the dish was very good, for the price they were definitely not worth it. Other dishes seemed much more generous. My husband ordered the seafood saute and my son ordered the prime rib. Both were very happy with their choices.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm 51 years old and these are the best broiled crab cakes I have ever had. Enough said. I was there for a wedding rehearsal dinner. Their host took care of us.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

While I have been here a dozen times with the wife, friends, family, and the food is always top notch, and the price vs food offerings was the best within 30 miles of my leesburg , va home, the event was marred by lousy service as far as two waiters keeping up with 17 adults and 4 children.
Maybe I was expecting more for less, after all, catering to that large of a group is a big feat.
Drinks were a la carte , and it must have been 20-25 minutes before the first drink orders arrived, two selected appetizers were waiting upon the 6 pm start , by the time we were on our 3rd round, bad salads were being served, things got better. I think a 3rd waiter would have helped quite a bit.
Overall the food, gratuities , atmosphere were five stars, price as well.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Saw their ad on the back of the 'Visit Frederick' Magazine and saw that they had a #1 Rating for Crab Cakes, so we decided to try it. The building and décor is very unique and appealing, the prices, well, it's Frederick, MD, you sort of expect high prices, but I'm not convinced the very good food warranted the price of great food. The crab cakes were tender, no filler and good, but they could have used some seasoning and were a bit bland. My wife who doesn't particularly like sweets decided to forego the honey sauce on their Salmon, which they billed as one of their 'Signature Dishes,' and with the honey sauce, the Salmon also was on the bland side and could have used some seasoning. The salad was good, but I would have expected some cheese in it. Overall good, not great. For the price, I'll stick with Bavarian Inn, in Shepherdstown for top notch, great food, for special occasions.