“Nice Sunday Brunch”

Ranked #2 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: You come first at Dutch's and it's our mission to maintain the distinction of being your first choice in dining. Whether it's a casual luncheon, romantic dinner for two, that special dinner party, or the ultimate reception, our tradition of quality and excellence is assured. Each day we strive to improve the high excellence already set. All entrees are prepared to your individual order using only the finest quality ingredients and freshest products available. Dutch's Specialties include Seafood, Crab Cakes, Steaks, and Poultry.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

A bit off the beaten path, Dutch's Daughter is an event locale, mainly weddings and corporate events. But on Sunday they serve a very nice brunch, with a fine array of breakfast items, including bagels, lox and capers, steamship round carved to perfection and plenty of sides. Save room for dessert!

There are newer reviews for Dutch's Daughter

Reviewed November 12, 2012

While visiting Maryland our friends took us to the Dutchs Daughter for dinner. It was a week night so the resturant wasn't crowded at all. We sat in the main dinning room next to the fireplace.
We started with spicy shrimp and spilit a bottle of wine. Next we each enjoyed a cup of the crab soup-this is a must try (amazing) and salads.
For dinner two of our four had crab cakes with crab imperial, one had crab cakes and the other had scallops. Everything was wonderful and worth the money.
However, the prices are on the high side..the dinner above was over $200 dollars. If you aren't up for spending the cash this probably isn't the place to go and truly enjoy a meal

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ok, I've been to Dutch's Daughter on numerous occasions. I've been for brunch and dinner.

Overall, it's a very nice place to eat. But as for quality of food, I'm not impressed.

The first time I ate there, I had stuffed shrimp and a baked potatos, sorry folks. This potato tasted and looked like one of those potatos you see out of the frozen food section in your local grocer. Sad thing was it actully tasted like it too. Yuck! As for the stuffed shrimp it was ok, but I've had better.

Second time I was there for the brunch. As most people around Frederick rave about the Brunch, I've had better and for about $10.00 less.

Third was for dinner was with a co-worker and my husband one Sunday afternoon. We decided to swing by and have dinner in the Dungeon.

Prime Rib and a crab cake this time. It was ok, but again I think this place is just a bit overpriced for the quality they are serving.

Overall I wouldn't say it was awful food because I've had worse. I just find this place overpriced and the food not worth what they charge. Are you paying for the atmosphere? I think so.

As for service, it was just ok, nothing to write here about.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The food is generally very good..There are some dishes below average. Defintely will pay the price for the atmosphere. Prefer seating in the Dungeon and the service is usually better.
Happy hour is very nice and has specials on appetizers and drinks.
We go often at Happy Hour. Also has a smaller portion menu which is good and salads.

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is one of the best in Frederick, MD. The food here is always good (best cream of crab soup I have ever had) and the atmosphere is really nice. The wait staff is very friendly and accommodating. It is always a pleasure to come here. Just keep in mind that it can be considered a bit pricey, so maybe more of a special occasion restaurant.