“Wasn't Overly Impressed”

Ranked #1 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You come first at Dutch's and it's our mission to maintain the distinction of being your first choice in dining. Whether it's a casual luncheon, romantic dinner for two, that special dinner party, or the ultimate reception, our tradition of quality and excellence is assured. Each day we strive to improve the high excellence already set. All entrees are prepared to your individual order using only the finest quality ingredients and freshest products available. Dutch's Specialties include Seafood, Crab Cakes, Steaks, and Poultry.
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My wife brought me here for Father's Day brunch, and overall it was a good spread, but for $35.99/person, I was expecting a lot more. The restaurant's atmosphere and service were fine, but paying that much for a buffet would lead one to believe that the food would be slightly better. They offered standard breakfast items along with a couple chicken & fish dishes. They also included prime rib and dessert, which I guess slightly justified the price. However, in comparison to the Hollow Creek Mother's Day buffet, Dutch's Daughter didn't even come close. And they only charged $28.99/person at Hollow Creek. Probably unfair for me to judge the restaurant on its buffet, but I certainly will not be going back next Father's Day.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Food was very good and service good. I will return when I am again in this area of Maryland. My business colleague had the bacon scallops and the cream of crab soup--she said both were very good also! I had the salad with lump crab meat, and the salad was crisp and fresh....the crab meat was very good!

Reviewed November 24, 2011

We went here 1st for dinner 2 years ago and just thought it was okay. A little to pretentious for our taste and the food was just okay. But, we decided to go to their bar (Dungeon) for happy hour and had a blast. Its super cozy and warm with great decor. Its a great place for some drinks and appetizers without going to a dumpy bar. I don't know that we'd go back for the restaurant portion but definitely the bar.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I love Dutch's Daughter because of the food. I have been going there for special occasions for years. Their salads are great and I love many of their homemade dressings! Their bread with honey-butter is great as well. Our favorites are the crab imperial, crab bread, etc. Although I would agree that the cuisine is not innovative, I much prefer something that is cooked well even if I've seen it on many menus. I have never had a problem with service there. In fact one time our food came before our salad and they apologized and offered a dessert if we preferred. They were very accommodating. I like Dutch's Dungeon but the main dining rooms are nice too. Overall we keep going back because the food and the service are great!

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Ate here one night and was blown away by the food and the portion. Highly recommend. Multiple seating areas and everything was cooked to perfection.