“Simply Delicious”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We welcome you to visit and enjoy our restaurant in downtown historic Frederick located in the Hendrickson Building. We have selected the finest Spanish cuisine complemented with an exclusive wine list. In the heart of historic Frederick, Maryland, Isabella"s has become a favorite destination for local residents and worldwide travelers alike in search of a truly Mediterranean dining experience.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Good: Order the favorites - the asparagus, the goat cheese fritters, the meatballs, you can't go wrong; I love their options for 3 tapas lunch and their early bird menu; their happy hour is also really great

Bad: The bar can get really crowded and then you miss out on HH deals

Ugly: Not a thing

There are newer reviews for Isabella's Taverna & Tapas Bar

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I do love many of the dishes, but this is a real "cheat" place if your trying to eat healthy. Many fried dishes, but its a fun atmosphere with a nice bar.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

To be honest I did not have a "meal" here but instead entered into tapas heaven! Loved everything I tried...very fresh and our server was extremely friendly and informative. Can't wait to get back to Frederick and explore this menu a bit more! Love the vibe here and I will say my personal favorite the bacon wrapped dates with goat cheese and a port wine reduction and it was pure bliss but my friends tried a variety of items and they were all excellent! Thanks!!

1  Thank ReneeJimWeaver
Reviewed March 4, 2014

wow I love this place and always crowded so there is something to say about that. Love all the variety. Had my granddaughters sweet 16 there few years ago and the kids had a ball trying different food.

1  Thank BabyHelen
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful day for a ride to visit Frederick from Hampstead. I made a reservation (open table) just in case they were crowded on a Saturday. We were greeted and seated instantly. We ordered several tapas and they all came so rapidly. Our main dish was paella a la valenciana. Too bad I was driving I would have loved to order their sangria. There is always next time. I love the food at Isabella's, I will absolutely be back with more friends and someone else to drive.

1  Thank Merlina