“Large lunch party - everyone was happy”
Review of Monocacy Crossing

Monocacy Crossing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monocacy Crossing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 424 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed December 19, 2009

Went to this restaurant with a work group of about 9 people. Everyone raved about how good their food was (including me). Service was pretty good, although the place was not too busy. Not sure how organized they are on a busy night. The building has been several other restaurants and possibly a house at one point. It's more homey than fancy. There's also a nice patio outside for warm weather and a large, dark wood bar room. If you're tired of the restaurants downtown, take a drive out to Monocacy Crossing for a nice change of scenery.

Price listed is for lunch.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

Not sure if some of your are eating at the same Monocacy Crossing as we did this past weekend... but once again the meal was excellent, service impeccable and food beyond outstanding. The eggplant is delicious! Best in Frederick! Go, make your own decision. If you are looking for outstanding, this is the place to go! Have never had one thing to complain about and have been going consistantly for years!
Debbie

1  Thank DebbieMiddletown
Reviewed June 9, 2009

My wife and I went there for a dinner date last week. The steak that I ordered was gristly, fatty, and rubbery. The potatoes were runny. My wife selected the salmon and it was overcooked and dry. I caught a glimpse of the cooks and they appeared young and inexperienced. I did not want to complain to our server because he had a flippant and entitled attitude anyway (20's, fair skin), and I could see the situation becoming heated. I did not want to ruin our date.

1  Thank JohnFredo
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We went for Mother's Day and the salad that I ordered tasted as though someone had poured sugar into the salad dressing. It was way sweeter than the coke that I was drinking. My dinner was the eggplant dish and it was loaded with salt. Also, for the prices, I think that they should serve you fountain cokes. Instead they give you a bottle and a glass. Finally, we asked when we made our reservations whether they would be serving french fries as we had 3 children coming. They assured us that they would, but when we arrived there they said that they wouldn't be serving those that day. Our waitress was very attentive, but we probably won't return.

1  Thank katydid40
Reviewed February 22, 2009

There is neither anything disappointing nor anything spectacular about this place. The wait staff wore jeans with shirts and ties... I expected something a little more formal than that at a restaurant in this price range... so keep that in mind. My date and I both had salads that nearly filled us up. Mine was the spicy almonds one, and it was very good for a starter. Our dinners were both good and prompt, and worth the price. That being said, it's not a place that was amazing enough that we'll frequent, but I'm glad we went.

Been to Monocacy Crossing? Share your experiences!