“Outstanding Food, outstanding value”
Review of Monocacy Crossing

Monocacy Crossing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monocacy Crossing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 409 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 13, 2013

From my last review of Monocacy Crossing it has been about a year to the day. Went here last year for my Birthday also. We had reservations for 6:30, we arrived at 6:20 and were promptly seated. The staff there is happy to see you and professional. We were waited on immediately and ordered drinks to start. If you get a chance try the Freak Show Cabernet, it is fantastic. They specialize in pairing wines and great wines in general so take advantage. We ordered the special appetizers to start. French onion soup for my wife and a Pork Spring Roll for me. Both were done perfectly with that Monocacy Crossing Touch. The entrees came out after we were done our appetizers. So many places do not allow you time to finish the appetizers before putting the entrees out. Monocacy Crossing's staff actual watches you and makes sure when it is time. My wife had a sirloin salad, the goat cheese, greens and meat were set on a beautiful plate. I had the New York Strip steak set on mashed potatoes and green beans. Cooked exactly as I asked for it, presented nicely. The total bill with tip and three glasses of wine was $115, no complaints!

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, the cell phone leaves something to be desired.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had just finished attending a performance of the Fredericktowne Players (Nunsense) and wanted some place to just relax, have some wine, a couple of appetizers and a shared salad. It was a typical fall day and we opted to eat on the patio. We were immediately served a basket of warm bread with soft butter. Instead of wine we ended up with a Woodford Reserve on the rocks and a Key Lime martini. Both were excellent. We selected a scallops with sauce appetizer followed by a crab fritter one. The shared grilled Caesar salad was tops. Service was prompt but not pushy. We lingered while slowly finishing our drinks. We always have been satisfied with the service and the food is exceptional.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I took my son and his family for dinner there in May for a combination birthday, his, and mother's day, dinner. I'd driven by the restaurant on several occasions and it wasn't always evident that it was still open. However, my son said he heard that it was good, and it was his birthday, so I made reservations for a Saturday night.

It was better than good from start to finish. Our server was polite and attentive, but not intrusive. The food was tasty and attractively plated. The prices were reasonable given the quality and quantity. We left full and happy.

1  Thank DWG6392
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I love going to Monocacy for anything remotely special; which can be any opportunity for an adults only meal. The atmosphere is quant and welcoming and the food is fantastic. I have tried almost half the menu and haven't found anything I don't like. My favorites remain the mussels appetizer (make sure to have bread available to sip in the garlic butter sauce once you've eaten the mussels!) My husband and I always split the spinach salad, which comes on two plates. The warm bacon dressing in the salad is fantastic! My favorite main course are the crab cakes or the steak wrapped in bacon. Hard to go wrong with either option, or even better if youmfind someone to share it with- a surf and turf! Their desserts are homemade and fabulous, so save room. We just love coming here; dining inside or on the patio when it's nice.

1  Thank MLP228
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Frederick. The food is always good, the staff warm and friendly, and the wine list is excellent. Save room for dessert, because they usually have some really good ones.