“Consistently Great”
Review of Monocacy Crossing

Monocacy Crossing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monocacy Crossing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Definitely one of the top restaurants in the Frederick area. Doesn't look like much from the outside but inside the menu is always eclectic and delicious, coupled with great service. Good "noise level" as well -- you can actually carry on a conversation at your table without shouting, unlike so many other restaurants these days.

1  Thank mheavner

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Went to Monocacy Crossing last night for dinner after passing many times throughout the years. After reading some of the reviews decided to try the scallops as an appetizer and they were very good. we split a grilled romaine salad and they were nice enough to put on seperate plates. The salad was excellent, a little too much dressing but dressing was very good. HUsband had seafood jumbo.. and he loved it, I had the New York strip and it was cooked perfectly. We ended the night with the warm coconut pound cake which was sooo good. They also offered several other homemade desserts that looked great and I plan to go back to have the opportunity to try them all. I would give this place a 4.5 stars. The only downside, is that we were seated near a large party that was very loud but it ended up being fine. Service was great, very friendly. Definately a place we will return to. Was suprised how busy they were on a Tuesday night, even though the restaurant was full, the food was served with nice timing and we didn't feel rushed.

1  Thank jgrcs
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Have been a few times and each time we have enjoyed not only the food but the atmosphere as well. Service is usually quite nice.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

A little out of the way but worth the trip. Old style restaurant but the food and service are outstanding. We would like to go back when it is warmer and enjoy the outside area.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had dinner on the 13th at Monocacy crossing. The service was great, they understand you are the customer. The food was outstanding. The bread was dense, fresh and tasty. I had the appitezer special, a mixture of crab, shrimp and scallops wrapped in a rissoto that was fried. Rich and full of flavor. My wife had the mussles, incredibly plump in a broth that had us both asking for more bread to sop it up! The main course was not prepared until we were ready, another nice touch that shows these people are professionals. My wife had the steak salad, done perfectly with a goat cheese that made it. I had the filet. I asked for rare and rare is what I got. They gave me a steak knife but honestly it was not needed. Using a bit of effort I could cut it with my fork! Surrounded by creamy mash potatoes and green beans the plate was perfect. I had the the suggested wine, a Freak Show Red. Honestly with a name like Freak Show I had to try it and I was not dissapointed! The total dinner with tip, two glasses of wine was $107. Not cheap but in my mind a real value.

2  Thank D4379