“how can it be this bad?”

Outback Steakhouse Frederick
Ranked #143 of 402 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Frederick, Maryland
“how can it be this bad?”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Terrible, awful wait staff act bored and uninterested in what they are doing. The place is way too noisy. The steaks were over salted, fatty, and not even very tasty. I just don't understand why anyone would eat at this place when there are many places pretty close by with much better food. And with competent wait staff. For slightly less expensive and a little bit better, there is Famous Dave's about 1/4 mile up the road. For about the same money and far far better food, Gladchucks is about a mile away. Do you really want to know how good this place is? After eating there twice (the second time was certainly not my choice), I filled out the "review" card. Management contacted me to appologize for the bad experience and then sent me a coupon for a free meal. I gave it away.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank 2005-travel-lover

Frederick, Maryland
“Busy night, but great food”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Due to bad weather on Friday, Jan 25, Saturday the 26th was packed. Had to wait for bar seats, but the staff made sure we had our drinks. After finally getting seats the staff still kept us in thier sites by coming round often to see what we needed. The food at Outback is always good. The only unfortunate bit was my shrimp and scallops were not hot. The manager immediately made sure that I got a whole new order that was hot.

Visited January 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Always friendly staff and cold cocktails”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Normally I am inside at the bar area. Two bartenders are very friendly and always serve you promptly. Apps are not and served correctly. It's a fun place and the Manager takes pride in her restaurant.

“Reliable”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I enjoy going to Outback in all the years ive been going there ive always had great service and top notch steaks.

Visited September 2012
FREDERICK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Steaks not cooked properly”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I don't know what's happened to this Outback. The last 2 times we went there, we had our steaks cooked either too little or too much. We asked the server to order our steaks with a warm pink center. The first time the steaks come out blood red. After we asked the server to cook them a little more, a couple of managers showed up and apologized.

On the next visit to this Outback we again ordered steak with a warm pink center. They came out well done and very tough. Since I didn't want to wait for another steak to be cooked, I didn't complain ( I should have).

• Visited July 2012