“Pleasantly surprising eatery in the middle of industrial area”
Review of a.k.a. Friscos

a.k.a. Friscos
Ranked #15 of 423 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

EXCELLENT food!! Our friends who live in Frederick recommended this "sandwich shop" but it is so much more than that! The have big sandwiches, salads, pizza, loaded mashed potatoes of all sorts and a huge variety of beers and a connecting wine/beer shop. I had the "Oakland" sandwich and could barely eat half of it! I also ordered their regular loaded mashed potatoes which was a HUGE portion and I didn't look like I made a dent. So savory! The staff was very laidback and friendly making all feel like a valued customer & friend. They let us sample the mashed potatoes. Others with us had: loaded nachos, steak mashed potatoes, wings (Tip: medium spice wings are HOT!), Oakland sandwich and all were excellent. One annoyance was that the wings took a while to arrive so 2 of our friends had to wait and their sides got cold because the staff brought the sides beforehand. This is a modest building and decor but we loved it for a casual hang-out! It is a stand-alone restaurant surrounded by office/storage buildings. Apparently more of a lunch crowd restaurant but it was nice to be there on a Sat. Evening and it was not super-crowded. We will return the next time we are in the area!

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Never stopped here until today. I would ask before ordering what was good as the menu is pretty confusing and the staff seemed helpful if asked. The sit in area is informal BUT if you want to chill, eat a sandwich and have a beer this is the place for a pit stop. Nothing spectacular stood out. I had the BBQ Beef and it was average at best and my wife had the big John (not sure) that could have used more dressing. The drinks were small cups so fortunately it's free refills but make no mistake it is a good stop on eats in Frederick. Just believe its a lunch stop and hang out to talk for a few before you move on in your day. Bread was fresh, and plate was large just wanted a little more pizazz on flavor but again, should ask the staff. I will go again and get the lowdown and the decide if this is an average or above. Till then check it out. About $10 for the plate and let me know.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I havent been to a.k.a. Friscos in quite some time and coming back is soooo well worth it. I ordered the 'west of santa fe' salad .... its hands down the best salad ever. I also ordered the 'exploded potatoes' which are the most amazing potatoes ever. I couldnt finish it all and was more than happy to take it home for dinner. Plenty of parking and easy to get to. One of my favorite places.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Despite the setting and draw-backs of being located in a business park and less-than-savory warehouse style dining room, Friscos prepares excellent food- hot, spicy, and large portions. Recommendations: Santa Fe anything!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Odd location, but worth the few minutes spent to get there from I70 or 270. They used to have a small shop in Washington, D.C. Northwest off of Wisconsin Ave. It's been 8 years since my last bite, but unforgettable food.

2  Thank e v