“A little something different.”
Review of a.k.a. Friscos

a.k.a. Friscos
Ranked #21 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Our first visit to Friscos...It was not very busy on a Saturday afternoon after a beer tour at Flying Dog Brewery around the corner. (Don't miss Flying Dog!) Our late lunch was different varieties of grilled steak and chicken with different sides. Don't miss the exploded potatoes! We would have been happy with just a plate of those! All in all, the food was better than typical fast food.

1  Thank margaritasinmexi
There are newer reviews for a.k.a. Friscos

Reviewed July 24, 2011

You would never expect to pull a 56 passenger bus into an industrial park area for a fabulous lunch but we found a jewel. Owner/operators were great to work with! Food plentiful (most shared a meal) prices rock bottom and they had us all served at the height of lunchtime in 20 minutes or less. Winery icecream parlor this little oasis has it all. Outdoor indoor and upstairs seating. As a tour operator I will sing the praises of this place for a long time.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

This little restaurant is great food for a great price. The type of food they serve is baked potatoes, salads, and sandwiches with a unique twist. The food is inexpensive all meals under $10. There is great outdoor seating for good weather. The restaurant itself is kind of small, however a great place for a family meal! I would recommend this food to anyone!

Reviewed October 11, 2010

This was my first time to the area and came across reviews for this place. While it was located in a bit of a industrial area, the food, service, and ambiance were fantastic. I love the menu and variety. The servers were all friendly and cheerful. I had the beef bbq sandwich and exploded potatoes. They were pretty good and look forward to tying something else on the menu. My favorite part was that the beer (Flying Dog - located down the street) was good and cheap. I would certainly come here anytime I'm in the area. It really is a gem and located off of english muffin way. I got a good chuckle out of that when I pulled up the directions. I mean really...how often can you say you took a street called english muffin way.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

I live and work within a mile of Frisco's and this is my most frequented restaurant in Frederick. Located off the main drag, Frisco's generally serves the local businesses and industry on the south side of Frederick. This is not a candlelight date place by any means; in fact M-TH they close at 7pm. But come at lunchtime any day, or on the weekends and you will find this place is hopping.

The food - great sandwiches, great salads, and great specialty items. Most people think a sandwich is a sandwich, but Frisco's finds unique ways to spice them up - and when I say spice, i really mean spice. When you go to the register to pay, notice the huge plastic containers of cumin, pepper, garlic, paprika, etc. If you want a sandwich, try the Oakland - nice thick turkey breast lunchmeat, smoked gouda, pesto and spices. Don't like turkey, go for an Embarcadero (roast beef and horseradish) or North Beach (chicken salad). They have about 20 sandwiches to choose from, you won't have a problem there. Want a salad? They have THE BEST grilled chicken caesar salad I've ever tasted and if you're looking for something different, try the Curry Frisco's salad - curry flavored chicken salad on a cold, crisp bed of romaine, tri-colore pasta, and vegetables. Don't want a soup or salad? Create your own baked potato with unlimited topping options or get some grilled wings, or a Skinny Green Pizza, or the soup of the day.

As far as service, its adequate. This is a grab and go place so don't expect to get pampered like you're at the Ritz. But then again, I've never had a bad experience with the staff. By now, they know me by name!

And even if you've already had lunch, Frisco's can still serve you. They have a great little ice cream shop attached to the main building, and also a great liquor store with local, regional, and international wines, beers and spirits. As another reviewer mentioned, wine tasting and major wine sales happen every Friday night. You also get big discounts if you buy by the case.

I seriously cannot get enough of this place. I have no vested interest in the business, but I really wish more people knew about Frisco's!