Comfort Inn Frederick
10 Clarke Place(Frederick)
$155
$110
Priceline
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanwi ficheck in processstaff was friendlyparking lotnight's sleepfrederick areaonly stayed one nightcheck in was quickfree breakfastwould stay here againhotel is locatedbreakfast areacookiesnice stayfront desk staff
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here a couple of nights in May, nice clean hotel, quiet at night, but the staff seemed to go out of their way to be unfriendly. Air conditioning was very poor and wi fi wasn't too good. Breakfast was adequate, but overseen by an ill tempered lady.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Angus29
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last two years as a participant in the Face of America Bike Ride (we spread out between 4 hotels in the area). The bottom line is the hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable and the service is good. The front desk staff could not be any more pleasant and management should be very pleased at how well organized the front desk operates when dozens of hot, sweaty people who have ridden there bicycles for nearly 100 miles show up to check in at the same time. There were two people helping ALL of us and they could not have been more calm, courteous, and helpful in getting everyone checked in quickly.

The breakfast is continental (pastries, cereal, fruit, toast) - and I consider any breakfast, coffee, and morning paper a bonus when I am not being charged an amenity fee. So, the bonus (i.e. free) breakfast is nice - plenty of coffee! There is ample area for you to sit and read the paper or watch the morning news.

The hotel has smoking rooms and they smell like smoking rooms. Since non-smoking rooms are the same cost as smoking rooms, the only thing they can really guarantee when you book is the room type (single or double). The request for smoking/non-smoking is simply a request that cannot be guaranteed. Since the hotel was beyond capacity - I was stuck with a smoking room. The front desk did all they could to help me make it smell better - which I appreciated (I asked to have the chairs removed since they had most of the smell and someone came and got them, no questions asked - it made a world of difference). I was able to suck up being in a smoking room for a night - but if you can't do that, you may want to call the hotel to make sure you can get a non-smoking room (guaranteed) or book elsewhere.

At the end of the day, this is the Comfort Inn and it is not pretending to be anything else. The service is good and the staff could not be any more pleasant. Plenty of dining options across the street and if you just need a place to shower and park your head for a good night's sleep, this does the job!

Booking tip - if you book through the Comfort Inn website, Choice Privilege members receive 10% of the total booking (you can become a member while you process your reservation). When I made my reservation I found that the Comfort Inn website offered the most competitive rates and the discount is always nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank pinxitluc
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a very serviceable hotel. It's pet friendly but they have designated rooms so be sure to tell them. It is easy off and on the highway. It is close to a Cracker Barrel and Gas. The breakfast was good in that they had sausage and egg rounds in a heater and waffles of course. If you ask them they will give you coffee for the road. It is very clean and a nice bathroom. There is a pool I've seen families use in another building across the parking lot. I'll stay here again as it is half way to our destination of Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: There is an elevator and inside halls for those with problems with carrying luggage.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marilyn K
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling from michigan and we stopped due to the storm. It was very late and they were not taking coupons. Got up to my room and it was filthy I went down srairs several times but noone was at the desk. So I went to sleep. Got up and the hotel was filled with buisiness men and dirty men contracted to repair power lines the food was slow to be refilled and seats were greasy. We decided to go somewhere for breakfast and went up stairs to shower about 8am and bathroom was nasty. And maids knocked on our door every 10-20 min to see if we had left yet... not worth what we paid id rather stay in a motel 6! Oh and pool as advertised is across the parking lot in another hotel. Not a fun walk in the middle of winter! I have photos I will upload later

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank chrissycnc
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We routinely stay in Comfort Inns when on family vacation; I decided to stay here on this business trip because they offered a Government rate. All was as I expected. Quick efficient check-in, clean and comfortable room, included modest breakfast, and convenient location. I thought the room was actually quite sizable and I thought the equipment in the exercise room was a bit substandard; the treadmill was unable to maintain a 6mph pace.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business