“Spring visit to the Olive Garden (3.4 out of 5)”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #52 of 402 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Frederick, Maryland
“Spring visit to the Olive Garden (3.4 out of 5)”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

After about an hour long wait on a Friday night in April, my family was seated for dinner around 9 PM. We were served by Aaron W. who let me try a 1 oz. sample of Coppola Cabernet wine as well as a 1 oz. sample of their Malbec wine. I chose to get a 9 oz. glass of the Coppola Cabernet ($11.00) which is heavily marked up since a bottle of this stuff goes for about $16 or so retail. To eat I ordered something different, Pappardelle Pescatore ($16.99), which was a big plate of shrimp, scallops, and clams mixed in some pasta with asparagus and tomatoes. Mmm, it was yummy and even better with the wine. My son was able to get a kids cheese pizza and mashed potatoes ($5.49) with drinks included in price. We also enjoyed free salads and bread sticks with our meal. About an hour later, we were stuffed and headed out the door. This place always seems to be crowded as apparently it is a very popular dining choice in Frederick so expect a wait almost every time you come here for dinner fare.

• Visited April 2014

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Plan on Taking Home Food!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My daughter offered to treat me to lunch today. Her choice was to go to The Olive Garden. We hadn't been there in over a year so I eagerly agreed. They are currently running a special: two entrees for $25 complete with their endless breadsticks and salad and dessert. The waitress greeted us promptly and offered me a taste of wine. She did not offer one to my daughter even though she is over 21. Think she should have asked instead of assuming she was under age, but not a big deal. I chose the Five Cheese Ziti al Farno and my daughter ordered the Chicken Alfredo. Hot bread sticks ( but the butter was like a brick) and a bowl of fresh Italian style salad arrived promptly. The entrees arrived a bit too quickly for me as we had barely begun to eat our salads. They were piping hot so it did not hurt to let them sit a while we finished. The waitress grated fresh parm cheese on both as requested and was very attentive. Both dishes were huge. We easily could have split one between us but did not complain. The waitress gladly provided take home boxes and even offered to pack up the remaining salad and packed us some extra breadsticks to take home too. For dessert we each had a Dolcini, a small parfait. My lemoncelli one was excellent and her strawberry one was devoured in a second. I had a $4 off coupon for two entrees and although this was a special promotion, they still honored it. So, all in all, for $21 it was worth the trip and we each have enough food for another meal tomorrow (I'll eat hers and she will eat mine so we have variety as well!) We won't wait another year to revisit since my husband and son are jealous we went without them.

• Visited June 2014
Frederick, Maryland
“Average Olive Garden”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

You know what you are getting when you come to Olive Garden. Delicious bread sticks and salad, and mediocre food. Prices are high for what you get and, honestly, you can get much better food for the same price. Drinks can be on the stiff side, which is nice if you are looking for that sort of thing. Staff is almost always very friendly and helpful.

• Visited May 2014
Hagerstown
“Rude Waitress and Staff - overcharged - loud and crowded”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Family stopped here after day at Harper's Ferry. We have never had such horrible service at an Olive Garden. Our waitress was short and rude. She made us feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. Several times she cut us off while ordering. She overcharged us on our bill. When questioned she was very short and acted mad. We usually love OG but we will NEVER go back to this one. We noticed another family sitting by us were upset about their service too. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.... Service is LOUSY!

• Visited April 2014
Hagerstown, Maryland
“bad manager bad service”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I went there on 03/10/2014 ordered Chick parm and my bill stated eggplant par. I had received from a prior visit to the OG in Hagerstown and there were many errors in this visit so the manager gave to my wife some sort please forgive us an try us again card, that I used in Frederick. Well the server did not tell me that this card was for the new menu items. So she kept the card and charged me for the meal, I spoke to the manager that night and was told to that he will call me in the morning. I had to call him. The result of the call I was going to have the whole bill removed off my. Found out today I was charged twice. I was told it could take as long as 3 to 5 business days. This was my only second visit to Olive Garden in 8 years. I really do not think I will visit again

• Visited March 2014

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!