“Very large buffet, shellfish everywhere”

Flaming Grill & Buffet
Ranked #98 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 15, 2014

One of the largest Chinese buffets I have seen. I have shellfish allergies, so I found it very worrisome that they had shellfish in every single buffet table, even with the desserts. I was very careful to take only food that had just been placed out, so I at least knew that customers didn't cross contaminate the food. I did enjoy the fried plantains, though I don't usually think of them as Chinese food. Everything I tried was good, but I wouldn't go back because of the shellfish issue. Most of my friends really like it.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is the best buffet in the Frederick / Hagerstown area. Hve been there about8 times in the past two mths

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I really don't care for Asian buffets. DH wanted to go with friends, so I went.

Same typical foods, over oiled, and just blah.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We visited here on Valentine's Day and were not disappointed. The dining areas and food stations are large, well tended and easy to navigate. The decor is nice too, with a "waterfall" lit by blue lights as you enter. It's very inviting. I ate too much because I wanted to try everything, which is impossible in one visit. They have multiple desserts and a full ice cream freezer as well. This is one place where we didn't even look at the price before deciding to go. It was about $23 for both of us that night. Also, the server was very good about clearing plates and refilling drinks.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I visited at about 11:15 am and it was just starting to get a lunch crowd...and was seated right away. The overall atmosphere is a typical buffet...average size for the area with a sushi type bar and grill (however...not flaming like the name indicates) to have a pick of your own items to have grilled. Basically it's a flat iron grill.

As for the buffet food, there was a fair amount to chose from so I chose little bits of a lot of things. 90% of what I got was not at the proper temperature...most of it was room temperature (which wasn't warm at all). I even dug to the bottom of the steam table to get to the part that should have been warm. So basically, I didn't eat any of it except for a bite of each thing that was not at the proper temperature. I then wandered up to the grill and filled a plate full of this and that to grill like I would at any other sort of grill, but found only garlic and hot pepper and no other type of sauce to add...so this was pretty awful, and after it was cooked, tasted about like what I would have expected...like a mosh of food with garlic and hot pepper and no other sauce to add. Blah!!!! I've had much better nearly everywhere else.

Deserts were okay...pre-made cakes and stuff....novelty ice cream but nothing special there. Would I go back? No...not even with a coupon.