“Run down but inexpensive”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
MDL Holiday Cinemas
Ranked #6 of 13 Fun & Games in Frederick
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I live only a mile away from this theater and used to like it years ago. The last time I went about a month ago, I was surprised to find it in very poor condition. The seats are very old and not very comfortable, you can feel the springs. The movie stopped at a critical moment due to some problem with the projector and it took about 5 minutes for them to get it going again. However the worse thing about the the place is the restrooms. The men's room was the worse I have ever seen. The stalls were completely rusted, so there is no way they could clean them or they would fall apart; I wouldn't be surprised if your hand would go through them if you leaned on them. Of course the restroom smelled as if it hadn't been cleaned for a long time. If you should decide to go there be sure to use the restroom before going and don't get any drinks. I also wonder about the food sold there, since people always say you can judge a restaurant by its restrooms. I would wait a week or two and watch the movie on pay per view or DVD.

1  Thank alanbrooks

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a great way to see movies on a budget, although you have to wait a while after the movies come out. The staff has always been very friendly and it is always VERY clean, which I can't say for a lot of movie theaters these days.

Note: This place only takes cash, so make sure to get some before you come to buy your tickets. They do have an ATM that you can use, but it does charge a fee.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is the place to be for movies that you want to see again or waited to see after their initial run in the "expensive" theaters. There is one large screen and plenty of cushy seats, popcorn and soda, some pinball games, and a party room for special events. Saturdays here are the kid's day, with admission next to nothing, and Tuesdays are bargain day, with a reduced admission. This reminds me of the old time Cheverly Theater in Bladensburg where my mom would walk me to see a first run movie in the large screening room. This was long before the local multiplex!

Been to MDL Holiday Cinemas? Share your experiences!