“Cool concept and great food”
Review of Sushi Densha

Sushi Densha
Ranked #73 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We visit as often as we can. We recently made it to the lunch buffet and were even more impressed. All the sushi you can pull from the conveyor belt for about $14 a person. Two of us had plates on the table worth almost $60. Every roll was excellent. They had a dessert roll with kiwi in it that was amazing. Another roll that was green in color and had a pineapple chunk in it, is a must try. I don't think you can go wrong with anything here. Go and enjoy!

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that I am a HUGE sushi fan!! I am also a very picky sushi eater. I have tried all of the sushi restaurants in Frederick, and this one, by far, is the best!

This place opened up a couple of years ago, and was the first in Frederick to offer the conveyer belt a la carte type atmosphere. The only other place I've been to that hosts this same setup is Yo Sushi in London...seriously.

They offer a reasonably priced lunch buffet, which, I'll admit, is a bit mediocre (mostly crab, salmon, and vegetable based rolls), but true sushi eaters always have their own personal preferences and order from the a la carte menus anyway.

I am a big tuna fan but loathe salmon, and although most of their specialty rolls are salmon-based, they will make any roll on their menu in any derivation you request.

I personally am a fan of the chili maguro roll (tuna with jalapeño). I order it every time I go.

Their grill menu doesn't disappoint (my wife loves the beef udon noodle dish).

I'm always skeptical about takeout from sushi joints because it always seems less tasty at home than in the restaurant, but I have never been disappointed.

The price is pretty average, so expect to pay what you'd expect to pay for good sushi.

I have been back many times, and I would recommend this place to both Frederick residents and passers-by.

One last note...they make an awesome hot & sour soup!

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Very fresh sushi. Love the conveyor belt style--just be sure to go during a peak meal time to get the widest selection on the belt. Their eel is the most tender and flavorful I've ever had, the sweet potato roll is delicious, and I've never been disappointed by any of the other selections either.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Set in a mall near various chain restaurants (TGIF, 5 Guys etc), I was not expecting much. However, I was more-than pleasantly surprised. The restaurant would have gotten a 5 if they did not have the almost obligatory TV playing (quietly), and if the waiter was a little LESS enthusiastic!

The decor is more than passable. There is a sushi bar with a nonfunctioning (at the time, but maybe at other times it works) sushi "train" that would deliver sushi plates to those seated at the bar. The sushi chef was a delight to watch as he prepared various sushi and sashimi platters. It is refreshing to see such dedication to the craft!

I ordered the sashimi platter ($23). In many places, a sashimi platter comes with tuna, more tuna, and some salmon. Not here. I tend to rate sashimi not only on the quality of the fish, but the variety of seafood provided. I got tuna, salmon, white tuna, squid (calamari), shrimp, tilapia, and mackerel. Very good quality, very well presented. More than enough for a meal.

I would definitely come back to eat here again.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

The people are pleasant and the food is always good! They have great happy hour specials and a wide variety of saki and Japanese beers.

It's my go-to sushi place in Frederick.