“Cheap and Really Good”

Sushi Densha
Ranked #70 of 404 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I stumbled on this place while looking for some place to eat lunch while waiting to go to a wedding.

Really nice staff. The place is pretty small but if you want sushi, make sure you ask for a seat next to the conveyor belt so you can just grab whatever you want. Most of the dishes were between $3 & $8 that we grabbed. If you like to try a bunch of different things, grabbing the 2 piece dishes is the way to go that wont make you go broke.

The sushi was really fresh. It was a great find and we will go back next time we are in the area.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Been going here since it opened. Everything's fresh and tasty. A must try is there featured item, Snake Roll. OMG!
I order this every time I go there.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Finding good sushi in Frederick can be a challenge but not so with Sushi Densha. On top of having fresh and delicious sushi they are a very fun place to dine! Unique to this town, they are a conveyor belt sushi restaurant. Meaning they prepare sushi in the center of the restaurant and are surrounded by a moving conveyor belt. Booths are arranged around the belt where diners can reach up and grab plates of freshly made sushi and eat until they are stuffed. Prices are based on what color the plate is, so just put your stack of empty plates at the end of the table and your server will add it up.

They do have a full menu but the small plate sushi is the star of the show here. The decor is modern and sleek. The place is clean and bright. Our server helped us navigate the menu and explained how things work with the belt. He also made an outstanding recommendation on a sushi roll that I never would have ordered on my own. It had mango on top and it was amazing. So, trust your server. They know what they are talking about!

During the week they do a sushi belt buffet. I haven't tried it yet but will be doing so very soon!

Daytime dining is kid-friendly but the place does have more of a night club/adults only feel after dark. There are tables around the restaurant if you choose not to sit by the belt. There is also bar seating.

Overall a very fun place to eat and the sushi is top notch.