“So 5 years ago (2.8 out of 5)”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #86 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We walked into this Western themed chain restaurant on a busy Monday evening in December mainly to satisfy our craving for steak. We were seated right away in a booth near the bar area in front of the front door. I guess they were too busy to seat us in the main dining room. Our waiter, Jesus, was not the most friendliest nor attentive server we've ever came across. The entire time there I felt jealous of everyone else with different servers at their tables as I wished we were sitting in their sections instead. Their waiters appeared much more friendlier than ours.

We were given some complimentary honey wheat bread that was brought out at the same time we were served our beverages. For a starter I had wanted to order the Oktoberfest Pretzel Sticks displayed on the menu and called out as being a "Peak Season" item. Well, apparently it was no longer peak season anymore as this item is no longer being served although remains on their menu. Okay, time for an update maybe? This was actually why I wanted to come here in the first place. So, bummed. Anyways, we ordered the LongHorn Shrimp & Lobster Dip ($9.79) instead. This came with tortilla chips which we didn't care for. It's better suited with and tasted much better with the honey wheat bread.

I ordered a White Cheddar & Bacon Stuffed Filet, 7 oz., ($20.49) for my main entree. This came with my choices of a Caesar salad and Sweet Potato with cinnamon & butter. I'd never had this particular type of filet before and after trying it never will again. There was way too much bacon and I couldn't really even taste the filet since the bacon taste was drowning it out and leaving a bad aftertaste in my mouth. The sweet potato was much better and the star of my plate. The Caesar salad was covered in so much dressing it tasted as if I was just eating dressing with lettuce pieces here and there. The dressing had an orange tint to it. Way too much shaved cheese on it as well. Overdoing things by trying to add too much flavor does not make for a delicious meal. Instead it only cheapens it.

Upon finishing our meal I had asked our waiter for 2 boxes and the check. He comes back with 2 boxes and told me he'd be right back with the check. He comes back later to take some more of our plates away with no check. While picking up these plates he drops all the silverware, including steak knife, on the table in front of me. Luckily for him, the knife didn't take an awkward bounce and injure someone. He laughed his clumsiness off and carried on. Finally, he came back with our check and we were able to leave.

We didn't like our seat, our waiter, nor our food. We wished we had picked a different place to eat at that made us feel better in the neighborhood.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our server was friendly and competent. The manager stopped by the table and asked about our meals. We enjoyed complimentary bread followed by a salad. My friend's barbecue ribs were tender and saucy. I had the chicken parmesan sandwich, which was quite tasty. I substituted a baked potato for the French fries. I was disappointed because it seemed overcooked. Overall, we had a nice dinner.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food was quite good and the service friendly. We had a big party and it would have been nicer if our table had been set in a quieter corner of the restaurant.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The steak was very good and the grill shrimp and especially the top shelf margarita was great. The waiter was also good and getting our food out quickly. The salad was so fresh. I would definitely recommend this place

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate here as a family with 12 of us. They were very accommodating. The server was not as friendly as we had hoped he would be but the food was excellent. I am sure a different server would have been a help but the food was great.