“First time, I'll go back”
Review of Madrones

Madrones
Ranked #33 of 402 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Frederick, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time, I'll go back”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Met a friend for lunch at Madrones in Frederick, MD. I'd never been there, but he had and raved about it. After checking their menu online, I had decided on their Ultimate Club Sandwich washed down with their Dry Irish Stout (light notes of espresso and chocolate, the menu said). In the end, it was Sunday and while they were doing a very nice brunch, I wasn't in the mood for that at the time and the Club was not on the menu at that time. I shifted ears and went for the Crabcake Sandwich and opted for an Old Rasputin which was being served ala NITRO and had a beautiful creamy texture. The Crabcake sandwich was fantastic, lots a meat, not overloaded with breading, and was served on a very nice soft roll. The Old Rasputin was very good, and since were staying to chat for a bit I added one of their European Rafters (4 selected ales served in 5-ounce sample glasses. All in all, everything was very good here, including the service. Courtney was a great server, and joked with us that she wanted be sure to take good care of us because she planned on being around for a while. I think it's a good sign when even the staff like a place. Job well done to all. --DM

• Visited July 2014

Frederick, Maryland
“best chicken strips ever”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I ate the best chicken strips ever!! I need to go there again for a delicious steak. The atmosphere is very nice and the waitresses let you feel like you're home.

Visited March 2014
Washington, DC
“Nice addition to the Frederick strip mall food scene”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

It's nice to see some quality food places opening up in the mall clusters of Frederick. Madrones is very nice inside, though the fireplace is a bit much on a warm night (it's gas but it does throw off heat). Service was very friendly but a bit too familiar. That sounds pretentious, but I don't really need to know my server will be gone for a bit because she's pumping for her baby. The menu is pretty straight forward. Salads were fresh and well seasoned. My filet was perfectly cooked and flavorful. Baked potato was good sized, but it came buttered so had to send back to get a plain one. Wine by the glass comes with a little decanter - cute but not needed. It's a solid choice for a better than average meal.

• Visited May 2014
Northridge
“Very large portions & good food ”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Went for a wedding rehearsal dinner so there was a large group of us. Serving were very generous. Prime rib & salmon was delicious as was the trout with crab cakes. Service was good for the size of our group

“Fabulous Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

The menu gets your taste buds going! I can honestly say the food in my instance the crab cake sliders where beyond my expectations. Pair that with wonderful staff (Rich) you can't possibly leave in any other mood than wow!!! You won't be disappointed!