“Great Lunch!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Frederick MD
“Great Lunch!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at Madrones, I was very happy and will be back. Our service was very good. We did wait slightly, but, as my husband said, "It was worth the wait, for HOT, fresh food". My salad was Excellent! Loaded with goodies and plenty of chicken. We are coming back to try dinner!

Frederick, MD
“Good food, large portions, friendly service”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

8 March 2013: I had lunch at Madrones (http://www.madrones.net/#) in Frederick Maryland with a friend. This place opened in December. It’s located in a shopping strip and the interior of the restaurant is quite large. The bar is huge!

Our waiter was Douglas, who provided us information on the food and restaurant: The hamburger meat is fresh-ground every morning and once they are sold, that’s it for the day. Their burgers (10 ounces!), chicken, etc are grilled over hickory wood to give the meats a wonderful smokey flavor. Each cup of coffee is brewed per order; and the soups and desserts made fresh daily on the premises. Each day a different soup is featured but we were told the lobster & crab bisque is on the menu every day.

They have $8.99 lunch menu with lots to choose from. I selected the Turkey avocado sandwich, which included “havarti, applewood bacon, lettuce and tomato aioli on grilled ciabatta, served with seasonal fruit.” In typing up this review, I realize that there was no tomato on my sandwich, but I didn’t miss it at all. The fruit consisted of ripe, sweet cantaloupe and strawberries.

My friend ordered the Biltmore Chicken Sandwich, which had havarti, bbq sauce and applewood bacon. It came with some delicious thick seasoned fries.

We were both impressed with our food. The portions were generous, fresh, and delicious. The turkey slices were piled high and the avocado perfectly ripe. I liked the bacon too – a slightly thicker cut than what most restaurants serve.

Along with our lunch, we were served fresh baked bread rolls, which came with honey butter.

I asked Douglas if this was part of a large chain restaurant. He said this location is their business model and they were working on the business before expanding further.

As I said, we were impressed with the food, prices, and service. Douglas was courteous, friendly, and prompt in bringing us boxes for our leftovers, clearing our plates, and providing a new glass of water (huge drinking glasses by the way).

I’ll definitely come back for another great meal.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank mjpileggi
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“New restaurant in town!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stopped here Sunday after church. Place was really hopping. I had a steak, cooked just the way I liked it. Service needs a little improvement but because the place just opened I'll cut them a little slack. Nice selection on the menu. Only downside was my wife's order was given to another table and she didn't get served until most of the rest of us were done eating. But, try it - I think you'll return many times!

• Visited February 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Food Excellent, service lacking”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Madrones for my birthday with a few friends. We ordered a variety of items from Steak, Burgers, Seafood, spinach aritichoke dip and birthday cake. The baked potatoes were served with honey butter instead of real butter. We asked for regular butter and were brought more honey butter. Let me tell you that honey butter does not go well on a baked potatoe. One of our party members ordered a caesar salad, and it came out with no dressing. After our meal I told the waitress that it was my birthday and that I would like a piece of their famous chocolate cake. The cake was delivered and no birthday candle :< They do give you a complimentary piece of cheesecake, which I was not offered. When the check came it was split 3 ways. The waitress divided up the appetizer that "I " ordered and the piece of birthday cake that "I"ordered. I was pretty embarassed by this, but did not want to make a big deal about it. I called the next day to give them some feed back and they did NOT want to hear about any of the issues that I was calling about. They did not even answer the phone professionally. The answered the phone "HELLO" I said is this Madrones? She said "yes". I asked to speak to a manager and she asked very rudely "who is calling?" I gave her my name and she transferred me. I do not think the person who then took the call was really the Manager, if he was, shame on him. He did not want to hear any of the issues. And couldn't get me off the phone quick enough. I would think that a new restaurant would want to hear about how they could improve. And possibly offer some kind of discount for a future visit. I will definitely wait awhile before going back. The food was good enough to go back, but I really expect better services when paying these prices.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank piercetd
“Amazing burgers”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the med-well bacon cheeseburger and fries and it was delicious- melt in your mouth. The burger was a little closer to medium IMO but nonetheless was great. The restaurant reminds me off a nice hotel bar/restaurant or a lodge. My only complaint was some of the staff were rather rude- a few questions were asked and they couldnt be bothered so for that reason, i'm not sure I'd make it one of my go-to destinations. Food and drink wise- yes.