“Good value, great food, nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Cafe Bueno
Ranked #21 of 385 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe Bueno is located at the intersection of East and 5th Streets. We are located in the same center as 7-11, about 3 blocks north of Shab Row. There is plenty of free parking in our large front lot.Cafe Bueno serves authentic Mexican food, and yes, we are the real deal! We have ten different kinds of tacos! A few highlights are our hand-breaded fish tacos, topped with radishes, cabbage, and served with cilantro salsa on the side, or tacos al pastor, which is a combination of spicy marinated pork and pineapple, served on a soft corn tortilla and topped with onions, cilantro, and fresh lime. Our salsa verde and salsa roja hot sauces are freshly made in-house of genuine Mexican ingredients, including tomatillos, jalapenos, guajillo chiles and chile de arbol. Our meats are all hand-cut, marinaded to perfection, and served on tacos or on a massive torta sandwich. The infamous torta cubana is not to be missed - a combination of steak, spicy pork, ham, hot dog, egg, lettuce, tomato, mayo, onion, jalapeno, and avocado. We serve Mexican breakfasts all day, including huevos rancheros, huevos con chorizo (our chorizo is made fresh in-house, of course!) And we serve all the American classics, like eggs, homefries, pancakes, and french toast, until 11am. We also have daily specials showcasing other authentic Mexican dishes, such as sopes, huaraches, carne asada, chile rellenos, mole enchiladas, carnitas, and much more!
Clarksburg, MD
“Good value, great food, nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We tried this based on Tripadvisor reviews and were pleasantly surprised. It is in a strip center near the 7-11, but don't let that scare you off. The food is fresh and delicious and the prices are fair. For our first visit we did take out and tried a steak fajita salad, shrimp taco salad and hard shell tacos. We also had a piece of Tres Leche cake (which we were all fighting over since it was so good).

The fajita salad was really flavorful and the shell it was in was crispy and delicious. The shrimp taco salad was my least favorite. It was good but the shrimp were not seasoned very much and it has a lot of lettuce. I liked all the veggies in the fajita salad better. The taco salad was good, I just realize I should get the fajita one next time since that is my preference. My husband loved his spicy hard shell tacos. He did warn us on the hot sauce. He used quite a bit of it and it came back to haunt him later but he still loved it.

We'll definitely be going back to try the other items. So glad we found this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014

Durham, North Carolina
“Terrific local dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

If you're looking for the fabulous food the locals eat, this is it. The location is a little divy (next door to a 7-11), but once the food hits the table you will know why this place gets rave reviews. Our server was tremendously helpful choosing dishes for first time guests, explaining how everything is made fresh, and describing the specials in exquisite detail. My first time in a new Mexican restaurant I stick to tacos, and if I like them I'll be more adventurous the next time. These tacos were exactly what I wanted them to be. The same with the nachos, exactly what I hoped they would be based on the menu description. My companion chose one of the specials, the Fajitas Tropicale, which were shrimp fajitas grilled with pineapple, onions, and peppers, served in a hollowed out pineapple half. Beautiful presentation and tasty fajitas. We enjoyed it very much and will definitely be back next time we are in Frederick.

• Visited May 2014
Frederick, Maryland
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have eaten a lot of Mexican food. This place rivals the best places you will find in the southwest. The burritos are amazing. Make sure you get the fried ice cream for dessert. They actually drop the battered ice cream scoop in the fryer and serve it with chocolate or honey. Oh and if you see the Chicken Mole Enchiladas on the specials menu make sure you get them! Chips don't come with the meal, but if you order them they are fried to order and the guacamole is homemade!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Trevor G
Maryland
“Fantastic Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Had heard great things about Cafe Bueno, today was my first chance to go. The staff was friendly and helpful!! Food was AMAZING!! I had Mexican Style Al Pastor Tacos (spicy pork and pineapple in soft corn tortillas with onions, cilantro, and fresh lime) and fresh sopapillas for dessert. The flavors were SO FRESH and very flavorful!! They serve breakfast, too!! Cannot wait to try their carnitas!! This is a DEFINITE do-over and soon!!

• Visited April 2014
Frederick, Maryland
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've had tongue tacos and I recently had the shrimp tacos (not on the menu). They were awesome!! They came with a refreshing queso fresco and sour cream with avocado. They were very, very good! They also served me fresh tortilla chips and pretty darn tasty salsa. I would highly recommend this place!

• Visited March 2014