“Nice Surprise”
Review of Ayse Meze

Ayse Meze
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayse Meze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 406 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Greek, Lebanese, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Patrick and North East
Reviewed April 28, 2014

A "Greek Tapas" place. It is much more, but our water used this catchy phrase to help describe the menu, and it works. The spread samplers was a nice start, the brussel sprouts lived up to their reputation, and stuffed cigars were very tasty. The scallops were awesome! The only negative was the ground lamb kabob. It was so salty that it was nearly inedible. I hope it was just a chefs mistake, because everything else was great. The restaurant is laid out in two halves. The front is a large bar are in the center, with booths and tables around the outside. Lively and energetic setting. The back is more of a restaurant scene, but still seemed lively. We have already told friends about our latest find, and we will surely be back!

There are newer reviews for Ayse Meze

Reviewed April 26, 2014

While on mid-week day trip to Frederick, MD, my husband and I decided to try Ayse, a Turkish restaurant with good online reviews, including on Trip Advisor. We were so glad we did. It was the end of the lunch hour and just emptying out but there were still several tables of happily chatting customers to liven up the room. Ayse specializes in small plates but we decided on the $9.95 prix fixe lunch for simplicity's sake. There is a choice of several entrees, several salads, and a choice between a drink (non-alcoholic) or cookies. We both chose the standard but very good chicken kabob with rice and diverged from there. I had an absolutely delicious beet salad, so refreshing and unusual, while my husband was quite happy with his Caesar. The iced tea that I ordered was exceptional. So often this drink is just routine. Here it is delicious. The cookies my husband chose were also delicious. Powdered and crunchy, they reminded me of Mexican wedding cookies but were a Turkish version and very fresh. In fact everything was fresh. The decor was simple with Turkish touches: a row of kilim pillows lining a banquette, some brass pieces, all white tablecloths. The staff were warm, attentive and very knowledgeable. The bar and outdoor area were not open at the time we were there. Apparently there is a Sunday brunch worth visiting. We hope to do Ayse again.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

quality of food was really great. ingredients were very fresh and recipes used were excellent. Nice change to find this unique Mediterranean food in the middle of frederick.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Pro's...
- A lot off different types of foods for foodies
- Very good Calamari (not chew at all)
- Waiter was very nice and helpful

Negatives:
- Very crowded, hard to have a conversation with the person you are with.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Ate here with 2 other people, chose 10 different dishes and all were good. Not out of this world, but very good. The restaurant came highly recommended by people we were visiting as it was their favorite. I'd go back, but will try another restaurant as I like variety and there wasn't anything really drawing me back there. Waiter and waitress' were all very good and helpful.